Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001

Attachments

• docklawn.jpg
    docklawn.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 252

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
That gnome made me think of a funny story... it's way off topic, but it's pretty funny, and, well, it kind of has something to do with gnomes...

A little background first. My mother took up pottery as a hobby ages back. She enjoyed, for whatever reason, making buddhas. I'll just point out here that my family is not religious.

Anyway, she made heaps of them, and they're sitting everywhere through the house. A couple of years ago, she was given a big buddha as a present. Now, when I say big, I'm talking about a big, fat, up to your hip, solid concrete mofo. It took my father and I to move it, and it wasn't easy.

It used to sit out the front, next to the doorstep. But just before easter, it disappeared. At first we thought it was kids or something so we had a look around and asked our neighbors etc. We figured if it was kids stuffing around, they couldn't have gone far with it before it got too heavy for them.

Unfortunately, we didn't find it. So we called the police... kind of a strange phone call... "hi, someone stole my big concrete buddha from out the front!"

We figured we would never hear back from them, but they called back the other day. It turns out that in the week or so before easter, there were a whole heap of buddhas stolen from people's gardens in the south-east suburbs of Melbourne!

You'd have to be a whacko. I mean, people actually decided to go on a buddha-stealing spree. Can you imagine... :confused:

I think my family has become a victim of religious hate... but we're not religious!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Beej
...and then of course you need to get the 'dock lawn additions'...

That's nasty.

And what apps would these lovely icons be associated with?

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
What those people need, (those that are smoking the lawn dock), is a lawn dock that looks like a lawn "garden."

Yes, this is my dock, and yes, that's hindu kush, northern lights and a Hawaiian hybrid over there behind the itunes.

LOL...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by mcrain
What those people need, (those that are smoking the lawn dock), is a lawn dock that looks like a lawn "garden."

A simple extrapolation - golf dock:ruff,fairway,green and sandtrap, maybe water too.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
That is cool lookin' but nothing for me.
I like the link I saw earlier on today in one of the threads, to aquaworld.com or something like that. The clearaqua effect was cool especially the contextual menu that showed transparant. Anybody knows how that is being done?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.