Lawsuit: Cliven Bundy's Wandering Cows Allegedly Caused Car Crash

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 19, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Bundy the scammer won't take responsibility for anything. when are we going to cut off his mail and utilities and remove access to roads to his place?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bundy-lawsuit-negligence-cow
    A woman sued Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy for negligence since a cattle he let roam on public land caused her to crash her car, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

In April, the Bureau of Land Management let Bundy use federal land for his cattle even though he hasn't paid grazing fees in years after an intense standoff between the rancher's militia and the federal government.

Just two days after the BLM released Bundy's cattle, multiple cows wandered onto an interstate highway, where one collided with a car. The crash killed the cow and seriously injured a Las Vegas woman. Danielle Beck filed a lawsuit on Sunday and said Bundy "recklessly, carelessly and negligently allowed his cows to enter onto Interstate 15 through an area where he had no grazing or other rights."

According to the police report, Beck and her boyfriend Matthew Zanatta encountered multiple cows in both lanes of the interstate. Zanatta tried to stop the car, but ended up hitting a cow and swerved off the road. The cows apparently made it onto the highway through a hole in a fence.

Bundy on Wednesday said that he's not responsible for the car accident.

"It’s a state problem. It’s not our problem," Bundy told the Review-Journal. "We really feel bad when it happens. We sure don’t want it to happen. But we’re not liable."

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I know two people that hit cows in Utah out by Stansbury Island/Grantsville.

Both were cited.

No action was taken against the cattle owners.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

when your cows are on government land where they are illegally then you are responsible. no fences even.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

They should just go kill all his cows then make a bunch of burgers for all the law enforcement that have to deal with this leech Bundy. Problem solved.

5. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Yeah, just throw some gasoline on that fire.

6. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

that could ruin the taste of BBQ

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Well, they could arrest this criminal and throw him in prison. Arrest anyone else who tries to help him or prevent it as well and charge them with obstruction.

8. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Touché

----------

Sound solution.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Interstate highway fences are maintained by the DOT. Ask yourself this simple question... If this were anyone other than Cliven Bundy would you have such a rancid hatred to demand that his cows be killed and even the roads be cut off. Some people are so biased that it fills every post.

Animals get in the road every day. Deer, dogs, horses and yes ,cows. Why should this case be any different? If they think they have a case, get a lawyer and file suit. Really? Kill his cows?

----------

What crime has Cliven Bundy committed? Do you have a source that shows an arrest warrant?

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

11. chown33 macrumors 604

Cows deserve a living wage.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

He hasn't paid his grazing fees in how long? That's stealing from the government and the taxpayers. Lock his leeching moocher ass up.

13. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Yes, no doubt that you are blinded by your hatred for him but again, that is not a criminal matter. It is a civil matter. There is no arrest warrant issued for him. I know that is hard to understand but we do not have a debtor's prison in the United States, not even for the conservatives that you detest so much.

14. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I think if someone attacked Hitler you would defend him.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Mother Nature already took care of the latter.

I-15 is basically all but inaccessible due to the flooding from the remnants of a hurricane that hit Baja. It turned a 70 minute drive from Las Vegas to Mesquite or St. George, UT into a 5 hour drive.

BL.

16. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It depends on what you are attacking him for... Seriously. The hatred toward Cliven Bundy is so rampant that if he gave a hungry person a sandwich, some would want him immediately arrested for serving food without a license. It's really that bad.

Why should this case of an animal strike be any different because it is Cliven Bundy? The fences along the interstates are maintained by the DOT. This one had a hole in it. It happens. I this happened and the cow belonged to another rancher would we be talking about it? Would we be suggesting that his roads and mail be cut off? Would we call for his arrest? Would we demand that all his cows be killed?

Some people need to really think about it and be honest with themselves. Are you mad because someone hit a cow or because the federal government attempted to take his cattle in a half baked plan and failed?

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't know, is this other rancher also grazing his herd illegally on public lands and thumbing his nose at the American taxpayer?

18. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

So you are aren't upset that he doesn't feel liable for the car crash but you are upset because he gets away with grazing on public lands? That is because the federal government failed in its attempt to collect a judgement. Thank you for showing everyone that you cannot see past who it is to discuss the issue at hand, a vehicle striking a cow on the interstate and the rancher's liability.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I was just trying to answer your question, dude. Isn't that what we do here, I mean, most of us?

20. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

I mean, I do hate him. He is a racist, sexist, bigoted moocher, tax dodger, and America hater.

However. I think ANY rancher should pay, can they no maintain their own fences? Why should the DOT be responsible for protecting cows?

----------

Indeed they did fail, they should have moved in with tanks and APCs to collect from Bundy.

----------

People hate him because

He is a Racist
    He is a Sexist
    He Hates Americans
    He steals from the taxpayer
    He now claims its the motorists fault for this accident and be held liable.

Thats why people hate him.

----------

http://www.taxdebthelp.com/tax-problems/tax-penalties/criminal-tax-penalties

Yes we do, refuse to pay taxes is punishable by up to 3 years in Prison.

----------

So now its the DOTs job to protect Bundys property?

I guess he's to cheap to build his own fence.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How do we know his cows didn't damage the fence?

22. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It's the DOT's job to maintain the fences along highways to protect motorists. In particular from animals entering the highway like deer. Happens all the time. Surely, you want the DOT to continue to maintain fences along the interstate.

23. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Good point.

----------

As stated by another poster.

How do we know Bundys cows didnt damage the fence around the highway?

I don't know how you defend such a low form of human being.

24. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Why do I defend him? Because I see people, like some of the ones in this forum that are so biased, so prejudiced that they make statements condemning someone, wanting to kill his cows, cut off his roads, incarcerate him for a vehicle accident.

Personally, I don't care for him. I think that the government failed miserably in their attempt to take his cattle to settle a judgement. It shows how inept our government is not that he was right.

Truthfully, if that cow wasn't Cliven Bundy's would you be so quick to hate the owner?

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You think PRSI members are biased and prejudiced?

That's funny. I think the same thing about your posts.

Weird.