LCD TV or Monitor for Macbook/XBOX360?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by juice831, Nov 3, 2008.

1. juice831 macrumors member

Hi, I have a project I want to get going on and would like to here everybody's input. I want a lcd tv or monitor connected to my MacBook (white 2.4) and my xbox 360. What would be the best monitor or tv and what would be the best way to connect both components? Also, I may occasionally connect a windows computer for gaming purposes and from what I understand, a lower ms would be best. Currently I use a mini DVI to HDMI cable to connect a standard lcd tv and it works fine except for the fact that I can never get the lcd tv to "fill out" with the computer image which is way I am kind of considering a monitor over a tv.

p.s. I like the new apple led cinema display but at 16ms it doesn't look like a good option for the xbox 360 or gaming

2. wilse macrumors newbie

Hi there

I have a 37" plasma [I know you want LCD] it's connected from MBP via DVI > VGA {as panasonic screen has VGA in}, xbox 360 is also connected to this the same way.

It fills the screen 100% on all axis.

I have tried connecting the XBOX360 to my 20" FORMAC LCD screen, but it doesn't work... you need VGA.

wilse

3. juice831 thread starter macrumors member

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

most lcd tvs today will have a vga input for connecting a pc,but the res will be limited to 720p i think,unless you hook ur computer up via hdmi,but only if ur tv does 1080p lol.

i guess it would come down to if you want a big screen or a small monitor size screen. do you like to play ur games at max res,if so then you might wonna get a 1008p tv and make sure you can hook up computer via hdmi and will it output 1080p,you might have to hit up the av forums for the answers to that one.

i know my 1080p 40' sony will do that 13xx/7xx res and ive read on the av forums that it will do 1080p if i connect thru hdmi,but never tried.