"Leaked email: Hillary Clinton told “radical environmentalists” to “get a life,” defended fracking "

thermodynamic

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2009
USA
http://www.salon.com/2016/10/18/leaked-email-hillary-clinton-told-radical-environmentalists-to-get-a-life-defended-fracking-and-pipelines/

“You know from my perspective, this is just one of these issues,” Clinton said of the Keystone XL pipeline at the meeting. “It’s symbolic and it’s not going to go away.”

“They’re all hanging on to it,” she continued. “So you know Bernie Sanders is getting lots of support from the most radical environmentalists because he’s out there every day bashing the Keystone pipeline.”

“You know, I’m not into it for that,” Clinton told the audience. “My view is I want to defend natural gas. I want to defend repairing and building the pipelines we need to fuel our economy. I want to defend fracking under the right circumstances. . . . I want to defend this stuff.”

snip
At the meeting, Clinton also said she didn’t “particularly care” about the environmental justice activists who opposed her, according to the leaked transcript. “I’m already at odds with the most organized and wildest,” she told the audience at the Sept. 9, 2015, meeting. “They come to my rallies and they yell at me and, you know, all the rest of it. They say, ‘Will you promise never to take any fossil fuels out of the earth ever again?’ No. I won’t promise that. Get a life.”
Just a tag line, read the entire article before opining. (I bet the protestors all took their personal soccer SUVs, though!)

And, yes, we need to fuel our economy. Good jobs with good wages. I believe that is why people are with her.