Leaked iPhone vs Apple Watch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Sep 9, 2014.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

So.... after today... I think it is interesting that we basically knew exactly what the iPhone was going to look like but clearly Apple doubled down on secrecy with the Apple Watch. I wonder how they are able to keep one quiet and not the other? Are the leaks for the phone purposeful?

2. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I think because iWatch isn't coming for another 4+ months, while there's already millions of iPhone 6's made for a few weeks now

3. Izauze macrumors 6502

For one, we weren't even sure there was a 5.5" phone at all, so give some credit there.

Secondly, the Watch hasn't leaked, because there's probably like only a few dozen in existence right now :p

4. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Because it's not on the assembly line yet to be leaked.

5. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

There was a schematics leak of the :apple:Watch yesterday ;) . Although, to be fair, it was only a day before the revealing and you couldn't tell much from it anyway :p

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Yeah, we were.

7. Izauze macrumors 6502

I felt confident. You might have been. But every poll of people here tell otherwise.

8. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

It's very simple: the iPhone has already gone to manufacturers, and the Watch hasn't.

Same deal with the original iPhone. Apple announced the original iPhone 6 months before manufacturing, allowing them to keep the device under lock and key.

Apple is also announcing the iWatch 6 months before manufacturing--it literally has not been out there to get leaked to begin with.

The iPhone 6, however, is already being produced, so parts are out there, and of course, it gets leaked.