Leaked photos of possible assembled next-gen iPhone emerge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ballis, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ballis, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

Ballis macrumors 6502a

A set of photos that may depict a fully-assembled leak of Apple's 2012 iPhone has surfaced, though the authenticity of the images remains unverified.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Read the full story on Appleinsider

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

If those are real, it looks incredible. Looks like something Bruce Wayne would use.

(The only thing that bugs me is the distance between the top of the phone, the back camera and the metal backplate. The camera looks like it should be positioned slightly higher)

3. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Not the clearest of "leak" photos, but then I guess they never are.

Is the edge still brushed aluminium? It almost looks black in these, as does the Apple logo instead of being mirrored. It certainly does look quite cool though.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Though it's been said a million times, I can't stand the change in textures on the backplate (the top and bottom parts and or middle) to me it makes it look cheep like other phones. I admit i'd still buy it but, I'd rather one texture.

5. jmgregory1 macrumors 68000

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    The matted back plate area must have some functionality, because otherwise it does seem to go against Apple's design philosophy.

I really like the idea of a metal back, although I'm not sure having it painted black, or powder coated black, makes sense. If anything, they should really try mimicking the look of the MacBooks, iPad, iMac, Mac Pro and use silver painted mono-block aluminum as a design ethic (factoring in whatever is required of the antennae needs). But that's just me.

6. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

What is Apple's design philosophy?

By the way I like it. Looks even more sleeker than 4/4S.

7. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

if that's how their next phone will look - I like it, too. :cool:

I won't be getting it though - my contract is up in August - and thus, an iPhone 4s will have to do.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Don't like the black aluminium. Prefer it to be silver inline with the rest of the products.

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the all black look is certainly attractive, but the old maps icon from ios 5 makes me think it isn't legit.

10. CRD90 macrumors member

The headphone jack is on the opposite side of the phone compared to the one 9to5mac revealed.

11. jmgregory1 macrumors 68000

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Gee, have you seen any of Apple's other products? Like the iMac, MacBook (Air, Pro), Mac Pro? Over the course of the past 5+ years?

12. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Looks groovy guy. The back will have some kind of function with apps.

13. nathdogg, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

nathdogg macrumors regular

I really quite like this design.

Although I've noticed if you look closely around the power/sleep button on the second image, the metal band seems to have quite a few scratches.

I was hoping the band on the new phone wouldn't be as susceptible to scratching as the 4/4s.

Overall I think this is a nice evolution from the 4/4s design. Though I'm not sure about the taller screen, but will need to look at it in person before I pass judgment.

14. Balibalistic macrumors regular

I hope this is bs. i hate the black coating on it and i cant see apple doing this. im a machinist and use all kinds of steel, aluminum etc.., anything coated will flake peel and look like **** rather quickly.., unless DLC coated which is a diamond like coating. which is very expensive. i hope apple keeps the simplistic high quality look that they're known for.

15. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Gizmodo just had those up for a little while until they silently removed the post about those pictures altogether. I can't see a reason they would do this other than Apple forcing them to, which would mean they're real.

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If this is real then I think I could warm to it providing it is not physically much larger. I know everyone wants a super large screen but having had a Droid X for a year I cannot tell you how incredibly uncomfortable it could be when pocketed in jeans.

17. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

18. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

I'm not sure these are real but they certainly look a lot better than the other mock ups I've seen. If the next iPhone looks like this I'll be picking one up.

19. NicktheNorse macrumors member

20. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Moonjumper

So it is a fake, but it does fit with recent rumours. I like the all-black design, although I would prefer it all matte black. That matte section on the back looks really classy.

If they do go with something like this, I hope the finish is durable. And all colouring hopefully means more colours. I used to like the look of the metallic green iPods, would be nice to see that on an iPhone.

21. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I thought these photos were already debunked in the other thread?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1384599
    Doubting my comment had anything to do with the removal, but I commented on what was found in these forums. However if this is the leaked the design, I will eat my words, and say this phone looks sleek as hell!!! :D

22. iFiend macrumors 65816

You do know that you don't have to get a new phone when your contract is up, right? Your existing plan will still be in effect, until you choose to buy a new phone, whether that's for the cash price or for full subsidy :rolleyes:

23. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

It surprises me how many people don't know this. :confused:

24. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

Yes, I am fully aware of that.

However I am using my girlfriends iPhone 4s as I couldn't stand using my HTC Desire any longer. She needs the phone back as soon as possible. That date is 1st August 2012.

So, I will get myself a 32Gb white iPhone 4s then and I will skip the next iPhone and get whatever iPhone is out in 2014. :cool:

25. B.Chang macrumors member

Call me crazy, but if you're getting the new phone in August, might as well wait the 1-2 months with your HTC Desire and get the new iPhone??? I don't know . . . that's just what I would do O.O