Leaked Space Grey pics

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PerfectDB, Aug 25, 2014.

1. PerfectDB macrumors regular

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Maybe it's just me, but the design is really growing on me. Without the glass inserts, I think the back of the phone looks cleaner, even with the antenna bands.

Roll on September 9th!

3. melb00m macrumors regular

I think it's fake. In the above pictures, the antenna frame is clearly sticking out to the same height as the protruding camera lens, which would make sense to protect it.

However, then there's the "ouch" picture in which the overlapping frame is suddenly gone. With the frame sticking out, you wouldn't even be able to see the lens from that angle.

[​IMG]

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

5. PerfectDB thread starter macrumors regular

Didn't even notice that, guess it's another fake again. It seems kind of strange there dosen't seem to be many real space grey parts flouting about.

6. melb00m macrumors regular

Yeah, and I have the feeling this time all those fakes are quite misleading and the final product will look completely different.

Maybe the size is about right, but if those bands remain in the product, I think they will be made from a different material and look much better. As well as serve a purpose, like wirelessly charging iPhone and iWatch in the same time on a common charging station, for example.

Nothing more than a guess, obviously.

7. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

It's fake. The antenna breaks are too small. And no, I'm not joking.

8. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

looks legit to me... the recessed volume buttons, the protruding camera ring, and possibly the round dual flash (yellow) wish i could see the yellow/red of the flash. i think the antenna bands is playing jedi mind tricks to everyone. but it's the same. this maybe the real deal holyfield. if not, damn close to it. i like it, so much cleaner than the current mockups.

I APPROVE.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I think that's the screen that's protruding a little - not the antenna bands. If you look in the other pics, the screen isn't flush with the metal casing.
    Also, the image you used is the phone facing up (the home button is visible), and therefore it can't be the antenna bands that are raised.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't know, it may be fake, and even if it is. Its a decent mock up and shows how the phone won't sit flat on a surface thanks to the camera.

11. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Top image shows the screen, not the antennabands. The screen is curved downwards at the edges, that's what you are seeing. The antennabands are not protruding.. ;)

12. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

The camera is driving me crazy. Why would Apple make the camera protruding? Assuming it's going to look like that. It just doesn't make sense. It looks wrong to me.

13. melb00m macrumors regular

I think the very first image shows a protruding antenna band, don't you think. I wanted to show that both sides seem to be protruding a little. The screen is clearly sticking out as well, as it already did in the iPhone 5 and 5s.

14. myforwik, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

myforwik macrumors member

I don't think it is protruding. It is some sort of bright light source from the top. Have a look at the iphone 5's top left edge in the first picture - it too looks protruding because of the same effect.

If it did protrude, then it would be hiding the camera that pokes out in image 6.

The antenna breaks appear to be much thinner than previous leaks. In comparison to the 5 they are only very slightly thicker. In my opinion the body colour antenna area is so much better than the iphone 5.

What I hate about these images is - why couldn't they use the iphone5 to take some decent picks, because these are terrible. You would think if you actually had one and leaked stuff - you would start taking pictures of everything, home button, close ups of front display, anything and everything. But the leaks always seem to be just a few shots.

I call it fake just on there being no actual shot of the front face. The fakes don't have TouchId - so they never show the front face. In image4 you can sort of see a home button - it doesn't look like iphone5s touch id.

The other give away is the yellow flash area. Tell me, does that look like flash on an apple - or the yellow flash you see on fake knock off crap?

15. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

16. Cougarcat macrumors 604

They have a protruding camera on the touch. As to why, they are obsessed with thinness to a fault. I don't really care though as I'll be slapping a case on it anyway.

17. dadgom macrumors newbie

Why have the recessed volume button area when the buttons still isn't as recessed as on the iPhone 5?
    Fake?

18. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

What is the button next to the SIM card tray? Power button?

Did you notice the big scuff on the bottom next to the head phone port?

19. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

That camera :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It MUST fit inside the damn phone!

20. Jack snakeskin, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

Jack snakeskin macrumors member

Seriously, are you guys still pretending this isn't the finished product?

[​IMG]

21. RenoG macrumors 65816

doesn't matter as I'm putting it in a case regardless of how pretty or ugly the thing is.....;)

22. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

huh? it is recessed, just like the leaked ipad air 2.

23. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

24. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

that's an iphone 5...

25. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

They're the same, so w/e