Leaked Space Grey pics

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Maybe it's just me, but the design is really growing on me. Without the glass inserts, I think the back of the phone looks cleaner, even with the antenna bands.

Roll on September 9th!

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
I think it's fake. In the above pictures, the antenna frame is clearly sticking out to the same height as the protruding camera lens, which would make sense to protect it.

However, then there's the "ouch" picture in which the overlapping frame is suddenly gone. With the frame sticking out, you wouldn't even be able to see the lens from that angle.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

PerfectDB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Boston, Lincolnshire
I think it's fake. In the above pictures, the antenna frame is clearly sticking out to the same height as the protruding camera lens, which would make sense to protect it.

However, then there's the "ouch" picture in which the overlapping frame is suddenly gone. With the frame sticking out, you wouldn't even be able to see the lens from that angle.

Didn't even notice that, guess it's another fake again. It seems kind of strange there dosen't seem to be many real space grey parts flouting about.

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Didn't even notice that, guess it's another fake again. It seems kind of strange there dosen't seem to be many real space grey parts flouting about.
Yeah, and I have the feeling this time all those fakes are quite misleading and the final product will look completely different.

Maybe the size is about right, but if those bands remain in the product, I think they will be made from a different material and look much better. As well as serve a purpose, like wirelessly charging iPhone and iWatch in the same time on a common charging station, for example.

Nothing more than a guess, obviously.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
looks legit to me... the recessed volume buttons, the protruding camera ring, and possibly the round dual flash (yellow) wish i could see the yellow/red of the flash. i think the antenna bands is playing jedi mind tricks to everyone. but it's the same. this maybe the real deal holyfield. if not, damn close to it. i like it, so much cleaner than the current mockups.

I APPROVE.

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

I think that's the screen that's protruding a little - not the antenna bands. If you look in the other pics, the screen isn't flush with the metal casing.
Also, the image you used is the phone facing up (the home button is visible), and therefore it can't be the antenna bands that are raised.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I don't know, it may be fake, and even if it is. Its a decent mock up and shows how the phone won't sit flat on a surface thanks to the camera.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009

Top image shows the screen, not the antennabands. The screen is curved downwards at the edges, that's what you are seeing. The antennabands are not protruding.. ;)

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
The camera is driving me crazy. Why would Apple make the camera protruding? Assuming it's going to look like that. It just doesn't make sense. It looks wrong to me.

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
I think that's the screen that's protruding a little - not the antenna bands. If you look in the other pics, the screen isn't flush with the metal casing.
Also, the image you used is the phone facing up (the home button is visible), and therefore it can't be the antenna bands that are raised.
I think the very first image shows a protruding antenna band, don't you think. I wanted to show that both sides seem to be protruding a little. The screen is clearly sticking out as well, as it already did in the iPhone 5 and 5s.

myforwik

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2014
I don't think it is protruding. It is some sort of bright light source from the top. Have a look at the iphone 5's top left edge in the first picture - it too looks protruding because of the same effect.

If it did protrude, then it would be hiding the camera that pokes out in image 6.

The antenna breaks appear to be much thinner than previous leaks. In comparison to the 5 they are only very slightly thicker. In my opinion the body colour antenna area is so much better than the iphone 5.

What I hate about these images is - why couldn't they use the iphone5 to take some decent picks, because these are terrible. You would think if you actually had one and leaked stuff - you would start taking pictures of everything, home button, close ups of front display, anything and everything. But the leaks always seem to be just a few shots.

I call it fake just on there being no actual shot of the front face. The fakes don't have TouchId - so they never show the front face. In image4 you can sort of see a home button - it doesn't look like iphone5s touch id.

The other give away is the yellow flash area. Tell me, does that look like flash on an apple - or the yellow flash you see on fake knock off crap?

Last edited:

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
The camera is driving me crazy. Why would Apple make the camera protruding? Assuming it's going to look like that. It just doesn't make sense. It looks wrong to me.
They have a protruding camera on the touch. As to why, they are obsessed with thinness to a fault. I don't really care though as I'll be slapping a case on it anyway.

dadgom

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2012
Why have the recessed volume button area when the buttons still isn't as recessed as on the iPhone 5?
Fake?

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
doesn't matter as I'm putting it in a case regardless of how pretty or ugly the thing is.....;)