Leaked White House Memo Outlines Plans For All-Out War On Women’s Health

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
If this memo is true, it certainly shows what happens when evangelicals get control. While not a proponent of most government programs, the initiatives that have been taken over the years to reduce teen pregnancy rates has been a success. That's an overall good for the economy, individual teens (male and female) and the economy. Someone should tell the loons in the Trump White House that "The Handmaids Tale) is a cautionary story and not a how to manual.

https://medium.com/@RVAwonk/leaked-white-house-memo-outlines-plans-for-all-out-war-on-womens-health-531cc14f2623

Link to the original article and memo.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Well at least the Trump supporters that want an increase in abortions will be happy with the cuts to teen pregnancy prevention.
I don't think they want an increase in teenage abortions (even if you meant this ironically, as I assume you did).

Rather, I think they want to punish women for being sexually active, sexually autonomous, and - sexually desirable.

TonyC28

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I have a somewhat dark take on this matter: If cheaper for taxpayers, I'd rather pay for poor people's birth control than their abortion. And if cheaper for taxpayers I'd rather pay for a poor person's abortion than another human going on welfare programs. It's pathetic and sad, but I think of this in terms of cost effectiveness.

It's funny how what amounts to about 2% of the supposed memo apparently translates to an "all-out war." I can't imagine what they would think if there was a whole memo dedicated to the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: tgara

tgara

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
It's funny how what amounts to about 2% of the supposed memo apparently translates to an "all-out war." I can't imagine what they would think if there was a whole memo dedicated to the subject.
I don't think the OP read the whole memo, but that never stops the sensational/out-of-context thread titles. We should call it MacRumors Clickbait. :rolleyes:

The proposals presented in the memo are actually quite reasonable to most sane, fair-minded people.... removing duplicate programs, and pushing for efficiency and cost savings. As for the 2 lines about the family planning bit (e.g., the Mexico City Policy), this routinely gets funded and defunded, depending on which party is in the White House. Nothing new to see here, really.

Reactions: TonyC28 and webbuzz

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Sad times. Just think; there are some women that voted for him. Imagine doing that and then seeing other women harmed because of new policies, imagine talking to other women after that. Ouch.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Preventing abortions includes giving access to birth control for young women and men. Condoms and pills.

Set people up for success.