Leather smart cover £55 and pay weekly (UK)

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
Agreed but this being fulfilled by Amazon made me think it might be genuine.

It's not like there aren't ever random bargains on Amazon.
Fulfilled by Amazon simply means that the vendor has merchandise stock in one of Amazon's warehouses which means Amazon picks and ships. It could still potentially be non-apple

sartios

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
London

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Mo1959

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
Scotland
Thing is Mo, the eBay ones are identical to smart covers and the quality of some of them is such that it wouldn't surprise me if some wee fella is just lifting them out of the factory.
Ha, ha. I'll let you know. Probably getting delivered today. Shame the iPad is getting delayed till 21st though :(

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Ha, ha. I'll let you know. Probably getting delivered today. Shame the iPad is getting delayed till 21st though :(
Ah, that's a bummer. What did you go for, was it a 32gig? Mine is scheduled for the 16th, but I'm tempted just to go down to the Apple Store for the "craic".

striker33

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2010
i just got myself a leather smart cover off www.littlewoods.com for £55 because they are offering £20 off any order over £50 and you obviously pay it weekly if you like.
added bonus to soften the blow of the leather smart cover prices.

the discount code is: 27GZV
The discount code does NOT work for anyone other than the OP.

DO NOT USE IT.

Littlewoods/Very will ALWAYS claim back the discounted money, as the code is not intended for use with people that have not received it in an email.

Its a nice little scam they've been running for years.

Mo1959

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
Scotland
Ah, that's a bummer. What did you go for, was it a 32gig? Mine is scheduled for the 16th, but I'm tempted just to go down to the Apple Store for the "craic".
Yes 32gb just the wi-fi version. I'm a cheapskate and don't want to pay for a 3g sim. I'm in the middle of Perthshire anyway and don't get 3g.

mr.suff

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2006
Leeds
Even the ones fulfilled by Amazon? I just ordered one for just over a tenner. Listed with the Apple model number and fulfilled by Amazon.

I'll be filing a claim too if it's a rip-off!
The one that I got had the Apple model number, and was said to be by Apple.
It was shipped out by Amazon, but was actually from a company called Aamzone.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't listed as an OFFICIAL Apple product.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
The one that I got had the Apple model number, and was said to be by Apple.
It was shipped out by Amazon, but was actually from a company called Aamzone.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't listed as an OFFICIAL Apple product.
Very dodgy!

At least with Amazon you can get a refund pretty easily. They're stupid with refunds. I've had em refund me for stuff I've not even returned.

dromi

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for that, that actually looks pretty good, I'll buy it the all-round protection is good, which is what I'm going for this time, had a few marks on the back of the iPad 2.
Did you get a few marks because of the smart cover? I heard a few people complaining about this, is this true?

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors 601
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
We were really disappointed with the leather covers. We bought one for my fiancée's iPad when we bought them in New York. Got a tiny bit of grease on it and tried to wipe it off with a damp cloth. The grease came off fine but so did half of the red dye - staining the towel and leaving a huge smudge mark on the cover itself. This was less than six hours after buying it. We returned it the next day and replaced it with a non-leather one.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
We were really disappointed with the leather covers. We bought one for my fiancée's iPad when we bought them in New York. Got a tiny bit of grease on it and tried to wipe it off with a damp cloth. The grease came off fine but so did half of the red dye -
My black one has been fine but Apple do have a disclaimer about the colour rubbing off on the leather ones. I was tempted to get the red one when they were released. Glad I went black. Silly price for them though.