Leaving behind portions of images in Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tirisius, May 21, 2008.

1. Tirisius macrumors newbie

My new mac pro arrived the other day, and I've been having some graphical problems with it, mostly is Finder. The computer itself runs great, and it surpassed my expectations running Final Cut Pro. But these graphical errors never happened on my old Powerbook, and they're reminiscent of the days when I used PC's. Basically, sections of the screen don't get "erased" or "refreshed," so portions of old windows will stay on the screen after it's been closed or moved, kind of like it's leaving behind a trail or ghost after it's gone. The clock wasn't graphically updating, either, so at 6 tonight it said it was 2:25 p.m. Has anyone else had similar problems?

I'm running on 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core processors, 2 GB of RAM (soon to be upgraded), 8800 GT graphics card, and my display is a Samsung 2253BW. Unlikely it's the monitor, but possible, I guess?

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Sorry to hear that, brand new.
    It sure sounds like a problem with the gfx card. Call apple pronto.

3. dchao macrumors 6502a

It's possible. If the LCD panel is the S-IPS type. S-IPS panel has some advantages in color rendering, but suffers from "image persistence". You should test the Samsung 2253BW with the old PB again to make sure it's not the graphics card.

4. ToastyX macrumors regular

Samsung monitors are never S-IPS.

It sounds like a graphics card problem to me also.