Leaving one family plan (ATT) for another family plan (VZW) with the main number.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by McBeats, Sep 11, 2012.

1. McBeats macrumors 6502a

THE TIME HAS COME! Time to leave AT&T and go back to Verizon with the next iPhone.
    (For those who may not know, ATT is quite bad in south Orange County, CA)

I have a 2-line family plan with AT&T (I am the main account holder) and want to leave, turning it into an individual plan for the remaining number. The main number is mine and I plan to bring it with me to another Verizon family plan.

How do I go about to do this the best way? My sister is the secondary number on the ATT account, will she automatically be the main account holder with her number after I port over to VZW?

Sorry if this is a common question. If so, be easy on me :D

2. wongulous macrumors 6502a

When you port, that line is auto cancelled on the provider you're leaving. How at&t wants to handle that is up to them. I'd call customer service and check... free call, plus it's their job. Be advised they will treat it as a cancellation threat and try to retain you.

3. tim100 macrumors 65816

i would think her number would stay active and have to pick another plan. can someone answer this who knows for sure?

4. mac.cali macrumors 65816

The line that remains with AT&T will still be active. However what they don't tell you is you should change your data plan to reflect a single line and not a higher priced family plan. Change the plan and the remaining AT&T line will be fine.