LED Cinema Display (27-inch): Intermittent loss of audio : Update Is Out

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cynicalone, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

2. Cynicalone thread starter macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Installed and it seems to be working.

Only time will tell if the speakers continue to work I suppose.

3. cmbarclay macrumors member

Fixed mine too :)

Thank you!

4. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

about to install now. mine is currently working (hasnt screwed up yet) so i wont be able to tell if it works right away or not

5. dholaday macrumors member

6. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

Installed; like others have said, only time will tell. I hope this works. I hate having to unplug this thing every day or two.

7. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

Yes, only time will tell. So far, so good. Usually, after unplugging and plugging back in, the next morning, the sound is gone. We'll see. It is interesting MR has not posted this on Page 2 or something. Aperture 3.1.1 gets a post, but not a major issue with hardware? 1K monitor? Interesting.

8. Niko03 macrumors regular

This is super cool! It made my day.
    I haven't done the update yet but will soon. I only hope it also fixes the microphone cutting out as well. Whenever my boys use FaceTime to call me on my iP4, the next morning after sleeping all night the microphone doesn't work anymore.

9. Cynicalone thread starter macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Still working this morning after I woke the computer up.

10. east1999bt macrumors newbie

Anyone know of a Windows 7 64 bit version of this update?

11. Cynicalone thread starter macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

You don't have OS X installed? You might be able to get them to do the update at the Apple store. Or just borrow someones laptop with OS X installed on it. The update only takes a few seconds.

This morning the sound is still working. So I would say this problem is solved. After the holidays I might have to add a second display I was holding back waiting to see if Apple would solve this problem.

As a side note the iSight and mic seem to be working just fine now. They always died with the speakers.

12. Ashok0 macrumors regular

I'm guessing east1999bt is using his ACD27" with a PC. I'm also a PC only guy, so I temporarily installed OSX86 on a separate harddrive and used that to install the LED Cinema Display Firmware Update 1.0. Kind of a hassle but it does work, if you want to upgrade and don't have access to a Mac.

13. xispec macrumors member

ok it seems to be working but my display audio input (type USB) from the LED cinema display seems to mute itself randomly. not sure if this is caused by the firmware update. but wondering if it has affected anyone else?

14. east1999bt macrumors newbie

Yep... problem is I have no idea how to install OSX86 on my AMD (Phenom II X6) PC. Probably should've gone Intel but its too late now!

Gonna have to borrow a friend's laptop - this thing is too heavy to take all the way to Apple store.