LED Flash Notification hint of what to come in next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonedHome, Jun 7, 2011.

1. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

I could be completely wrong here but it would be logical that the next iPhone would have an Android type notification light on the front of the phone. Who keeps their phone face down? This is just to satisfy the many request for this feature with the current hardware and I trully expect Apple to add a notification light on the front of the next iPhone.

Anyone else thinking the same or is it just wishful thinking on my part? Just seems that using the extremely bright LED Flash is a bit much along with it being on the BACK of the device.

2. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Agreed - not much point in having the LED Flash when the phone is face up. This screenshot from Cult of Mac is interesting:

Attached Files:

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

If this is true, the iPhone will finally have everything I've been asking for since I first got an iPhone 3G.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I would lean more toward a notification light on the top. You either lay your iPhone face down or back down. Nobody would lay it down on the top or sides, so that way it's 100 percent covered.

I agree that most people lay their phones down on the back, but I don't know if I would count on such a thing in the next phone. It's not a bad idea, but I just don't know if it will happen.

5. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

x2 for on the top. sort of blackberry-esque front and top curve.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Maybe they can put it where the "Grip of death" is activated and solve the signal attenuation problem.

Two birds, one stone?

7. SuitcaseB macrumors newbie

Status light would be helpful- maybe something like the BB has now?!

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Apple could put their own spin on a notification light:

Perhaps a tiny optical fiber going all around the phone, grooved inside the antenna banding.

That way, it's visible no matter which way it's facing, and doesn't take up any faceplate space.