Left Handed Macs

bunton

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
I plug my mouse in the left side of the keyboard and I am getting pretty good at the left handed mouse but if the scroll bar could be moved to the left of the window from the right side that would be great.

Is this possible on OSX or no, it should be. 12% of mac users are left handed (actually i made that up but I wonder what it really is?)

ShaolinMiddleFinger

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2001
Don't you get irritated with the mouse pointed towards the left, though. There's probably a hack out there that moves your scroll bar to the left...where it is, I don't know. Good luck

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
try MacOSXhints.com, I found a hack in there to give both the up and down buttons together at both the top and bottom of the scroll bar, so they might have something for you too:D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I'm really surprised he's only complaining about the screen elements, when the keyboard he talks about has the numeric keypad and the arrow keys on the wrong side for a lefty power user.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
Ambidextrous mousing

I have what I'll call 'Mouse Shoulder'. It is similar to 'tennis elbow' or RSI wrists. I can only use my right hand to mouse for a few days, then I switch over the my left hand. I also have to switch the buttons.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
tinker tool

I bet tinkerTool can fix some of those lefty things for you. I'm not sure if it can but I know you can tweek the OS in ways like that.

-evildead

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: Ambidextrous mousing

Now why would any right handed adult need to switch to using their left hand while surfing the net?

bunton

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Hey Hey

Whos is left handed?? I am??
A higher percentage of mac users are probly left handed than pc users because lefties are supposed to be smarter and mac users are also smater, that is what I heard and now it is 10% you have upsetted some folks!

Thanks for the help thought you all peoples.

And they could change up the keboard to but hey I like to...oh wait dont call us freaks or I will install windows 95 on your mac right now you Sl*t!!

djwoolf

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2001
New Orleans, LA
woo-hoo Leftys unite! How many ppl are Leftys on this forum anyway. In the PC world its seems like us lefty mac users are a minority of a minority. But yes we are smarter and in our Right minds(brained). i dont expect much for leftys on the mac but it would be nice. Guess well have to adapt like always. btw Thats the reason that left handed ppl are more likely to die in an accident or ass a result of clumsiness. I hate having to adjust to righties. Lets all defect to the new left handed republic! j/k

LimeiBook86

macrumors 604
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
i know

as for the mouse, easy switch USB ports, but for the numeric keypad, buy an external USB one, they say its for laptops but eh what the heck....:D

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
well, if ALL you want is to have your scrollbars on the left-hand side, just flip your monitor upside down :D.

You might not wanna try that on the new imac tho :)