Left or right

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Which pocket do you keep your phone in and what is your dominant hand? In right handed and typically keep my phone in my right front pocket. I'm trying to keep it in my left pocket. It makes more sense on paper. My dominant hand is no longer available as soon as I'm using my phone. Do I can't use my
Ouse, write a message down, use my keys.

Anyone else use their non-dominant hand for their phone.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
W should start a list of silliest posts. Of course the 3,837 new posts about the Iphone5 would drown out ones like this.
There was another thread on this same topic many months ago by a guy who wanted to know which pocket we kept our iPhones. God help us with these silly people with these silly posts. Another guy wanted to know if the white iPhone was for girls. One must wonder how old are these people ;)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Anyone likes to chew gum while using their iphone and if yes how long do you chew till you spit it out?
Does it hold its flavor for a while and what type of gum is best while using a white iphone 4S?

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
I am right handed

Left pocket: iPhone
Right pocket: keys
Yup, same here... although keys don't really go into the pocket. I slide the remote entry into the relatively useless 'change pocket' on jeans and let the few extra keys dangle... but it's on the right side with my phone in the left pocket, so that should count for something.

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Thank you to everyone that posted real replies. Everyone else...you know you don't have to read or reply to these threads. If you don't like my post then just move along.

The reason I posted this was the advantages to using your non dominant hand. On paper they are many. Being able to use your mouse, take a note, easier to start the car, walk the dog, etc. And I was wondering if anyone else had the same idea. Or if ppl used their non dominant hand out of habit

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Left Front Pocket: iPhone

Right Front Pocket: Keys

Back Left Pocket: Wallet

Back Right Pocket: Nada

I'm a lefty, so I keep my iPhone and wallet on the left side.

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
for those that keep their phone in their non dominant pocket do you you hold your phone in your non dominant hand and use your dominant hand to navigate or do you use the phone one handed?

for example if you're right handed and keep your phone in your left pocket do you hold your phone in your left and hand use your right finger to navigate. or do you hold the phone in your left hand and use your left thumb to navigate.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm right handed. While at work I keep my phone on a clip on my left side. Not at work I keep it in my left pocket. I can use my phone as a phone with either hand. Easily hand it over to my right if I need to text or something.

Btw I always hated belt clips but I figured I try it out just for work when it doesn't look dumb. Now I hate having it in my pocket and only do so because it looks silly otherwise. It's so convenient!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Strange how so many of us have the same setup:

Dominant hand: Right
Front left: iPhone
Front right: Keys, gum, misc.
Back left: Wallet
Back right: Nothing

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Thank you to everyone that posted real replies. Everyone else...you know you don't have to read or reply to these threads. If you don't like my post then just move along.

The reason I posted this was the advantages to using your non dominant hand. On paper they are many. Being able to use your mouse, take a note, easier to start the car, walk the dog, etc. And I was wondering if anyone else had the same idea. Or if ppl used their non dominant hand out of habit
Exactly. I can have right hand on mouse while using iPhone with left.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Left Front Pocket: iPhone

Right Front Pocket: Keys

Back Left Pocket: Wallet

Back Right Pocket: Nada

I'm a lefty, so I keep my iPhone and wallet on the left side.
Saved me the trouble of typing. That's describes me perfectly!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.