Left wing mob attack citizens in Portland, OR

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by raqball, Oct 9, 2018.

1. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It sure doesn't take long before Drumpf utters something until his base run some campaign. Search Youtube for "violence against minorities in America" and look at what has taken place in the last 2, 3 years.

Yes, there are racist/hateful/stupid zealots on both sides. I do wish liberals would stop, as it helps conservatives push the false narrative they don't have the monopoly on that market.

If Trump was as honest about this as he was Charlottesville, he'd claim it was a misunderstanding with "very fine people on both sides". Yes, that line gets used a lot, and yes, it will continue to.

*Liberal-Trump: "We need to stop white on white violence in Portland".

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So you think conservatives do have the monopoly on that?

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Without question.

Perhaps without Trump pandering to his base, that would not be the case. He has emboldened a lot of people. Let me know when he calls these people - who didn't murder anyone - "very fine people". Also, let me know if he calls a statue erected to honor Nat Turner "beautiful".

4. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

lmao antifa? Really haha oh please my little sister can beat those pansies up

5. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

They were attacking seniors... Go to about 2:20 of the video and watch for about 15 seconds...

6. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

That’s just pathetic. They remind me of little kids that didn’t get their way so they are making a scene.

That’s why they run when actual men and women their age stand up to them .

7. Altis macrumors 68030

Let's be clear: there's absolutely nothing "liberal" about Antifa. They despise liberals, too.

I don't even know why you bring up "violence against minorities" seeing as Antifa are primarily white, as is most of Oregon, really. However, the statistics seem to show more violence from "minorities" to whites than the other way around (especially in murder and rape).

It would be helpful if Antifa loons were called out and held accountable, but they seem to pretty much always be shielded from even being reported on.

8. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

So you say there are racist/hateful/stupid zealots on both sides and then say in the following sentence that the right has a monopoly on racism/hate/zealous stupidity? Am I missing something?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2018 ---
    Nancy Pelosinhas openly encouraged college students to be “disrupters”. Maxine Waters has told people to create a crowd and push back on political adversaries. The left seems to be the ones emboldening the masses.

Do you know what a “monopoly” is?

66F0EDA9-C217-4D4B-9502-E2C43467A81B.jpeg

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

No. Those are not contradictory quotes.
    "Violence against minorities" doesn't mean non-white...

10. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

They are.

Protip: Mono means one

11. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

One group can’t have a monopoly of another group also has a stake and participates. A monopoly indicates one (mono). If 2 or more entities are engaged in an activity, business, etc. then it isn’t a monopoly.

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Oh noes. Imagine that, college kids changing their future. Yikes! That must be hard to hear from older white males.
    Uh.. no.

13. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

Why are you making this about race. I’m pretty sure you have no ide what my race is.
    mo·nop·o·ly
    məˈnäpəlē/
    noun
    1. 1.
      the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

There are multiple forms of "minorities" in this country, and monopolies doesn't mean - in this sense - literally only "one". If you want to go that route, this will be a long discussion.
    I made no assumptions of your race....

15. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

In law the definition is changed to mean most control in contrast to economics in which it means exclusive control

We're not using lawyer speak here, so yeah.

16. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

The way you used it was meaning one. One group, “conservatives ”. If groups other than conservatives are engaged in these activities, which by your own admission the left is doing it as well, then the one group cannot be said to have a monopoly.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

A white guy calling a another white guy "whitey". LMAO!!!! o_O

18. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

A "monopoly" - at least when I use the word in this thread - means signed, sealed, delivered stamp of approval from the President's desk and his base - and especially racists, which overwhelm ANTIFA. Would you settle for "overwhelming majority"? Simple demographics would tell you where the scales tilt in this country.

19. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

Find a new word, because “monopoly” doesn’t come close to what you’re trying to communicate. And when did the president sign, seal, and deliver from his desk a stamp of approval to racists, I guess? Was it an executive order? What the heck are you referencing?

20. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

Charlottesville with Trump condemning violence on both sides of the political spectrum

21. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is a game not worth playing, but I will for now.

-Monopoly - if you want it to mean literally only one and not a general term for overwhelming power or majority, then you will also have to criticize Trump for dumping on Amazon and Airlines.
    -"Very fine people on both sides", which I asked earlier.
    Also calling the confederate statues "beautiful", when everyone knows he doesn't care about their actual artistic merits.

22. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

“Very fine people on both sides” isn’t a question, is it? What does this have to do with the OP?
    Looking at your original response to this thread it looks like you think Teump should say there are “very good people on both sides”, is that right? Do you see very good people on both sides in the posted video? Try to answer that question just in the context of the video. If you do, I’ll answer any question you pose to me about any topic.

23. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It goes back to the "monopoly" questions which I was asked about earlier, when I made a statement. This is talking about a "left-wing mob attack" which is a phrase coined by either Trump or McConnell, and I was just surprised to see at how fast people are going that route.

Deep state, witch hunt, etc.. the hits keep coming!

24. Jason Honer Suspended

Jason Honer

Is it not a left wing mob? I don’t think this is really a coined phrase, just an accurate assessment.