Background. Last week I purchased a new early 08 MBP off ebay. The seller did not want to do a paypal transaction since they now might hold the funds in the account. This guy seemed like he really needed the money and wanted to do a bank transfer that night. It was 8pm so that would not be happening. The next day I went out (in freezing rain or falling ice, which ever you want to call it) and got a cashers check from my bank (I really did not want to do a bank transfer). I then made my way to the post office to over night the money per his request, only to find out that it was Veterns day and the post was closed. I then went to Fed Ex where I spent $35 to overnight him the money. I checked the next day to see if he got it and he did. I asked about the computer and was told it would ship 3 days later. This kind of ticked me off after going out in bad bad weather to overnight him money only to have to wait. I made no mention of this to him. That was only last week but 5 days have gone by with no word from him and no responce to my emails. I am still hoping that he simply got busy and could not reply, but I have come to the conclusion that I have been dupped. What I have. I have the carbon copy of the cashers check from my bank. I now feel better about shipping Fed Ex as I requested a direct signure. I also tracked it myself to see he got it. Conformation that he signed for the package. I have his name and address as well as email. I also went and took screen shots of the ebay page as well as the Fed Ex page. I also have all emails between us. My questions. 1. Even though it has only been a week should I see about putting a hold on the cashers check, if it has not been cashed? 2. If it goes to small claims will I have to file where I live (MN) or where he lives (PA)? 3. If I have to file in PA can I do it via mail (electronic or snail)? 4. If filed in PA would I be able to include travel expenses if the soul purpose of the travel was to deal with litigation? 5. I would have to get a sheriff or other office to serve the papers, what would this cost and how would one go about it from another state? My thoughts. The auction ended only a week ago and ebay will not let me file a claim for another 3 weeks. The transaction was not done through paypal so any of the buyer protection stuff is out. I had to take a couple people to court before, so I understand locally what happens. (I knew where the people worked and had friends serve them their papers) I have only had 1 problem that resulted in me losing money on ebay before this and that was in 1999 I think. I feel really stupid and angry at the same time. I never (with this exception) pay for anything off ebay with anything but paypal. I walking in freezing rain and spent $35 to give him my money. I am currently unemployed and am living off my severance pay until my unemployment insurance is verified (I was told 4-6 weeks). In my unemployed state I did what I feel as clever bugeting that would replace a bunch of old stuff with some new stuff (This laptop would have been paid for by the sale of my current one along with a few other things. My plan was going good until this happened. Any advice that could be given would be wonderful. I believe I have all the evidence that I would need. Now I just need to figure out how to go about it, or if it is even worth doing anything more then filing a claim with ebay(which would not get me my money, but at least lock out his account. Thanks/ btw his ebay account is still active, just not selling items currently.