Legend of Zelda Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Apr 1, 2008.

1. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Saw this this morning.

Someone put a lot of work into that.

Personally, if a Zelda movie ever is made, I think it should be done as Advent Children-esque CG.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I am so excited that it deserves an OMFGWTFBBQ.
    It wasn't done badly actually

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

CREeEEEeeEeEeeeeEEEEeeeEeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEPPPPY!

Looks like the user made Star Wars cheese. :)

Now, if you're going to put this much time into something, why not do it for your own thing.

<]=)

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I always imagine Link being a little younger than the actor playing him in the trailer(the actor looks like he's creeping on 30) I need to see more of it to get excited....not to mention it won't be here till 2009!

There are a lot of games being made to movies arent they....now Metroid & Metal Gear will be grand to see.

Bless

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Keep in mind, this was posted yesterday...

At least after watching the trailer I pray that it was only an elaborate prank...

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Nintendo would never lend their prized franchise into such crap. They learned their lesson *coughcdicough*

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Lmao that is the funniest Zelda game ever made. It was rated the 5th worst game ever or something like that.

Also dont forget this gem..

With the Mario Bros Movie :D:D I actually liked that movie... when I was like 6

8. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Yes, that trailer was an elaborate April Fool's joke. The credits give it away (if you know where to look). The movie release date of April 1, 2009 is another dead giveaway. There are also errors here and there in the various scenes as well as other things that give this away as an awesome hoax.

9. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's given them too much credit. It reeks of UBER NERDOM!

<]=)

11. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

The first 10 seconds you can tell it's a sham. The trailer looked horrid, actors and bad settings. Makes me wanna puke, they were better off trying to make like a teaser trailer, with no actors and short dark shots of mysterious shadows. Either way good effort on their part.

12. pcypert macrumors 6502

People believed this? Seriously? Man that was some crappy actors and they were all around the same age. Effects were decent for a parody spot, but damn that was a cheesy mess. Too many clues to count on this being an April Fools joke...

Paul

13. munson macrumors 6502

munson

Even though it was fake, the trailer made me cry. I pray that if there ever is a Zelda movie that they put in the work it would deserve, being the greatest game franchise known to man (yeah, I went there).

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I don't think anyone bought that as anything but fake. It's not worthy of a April Fool's joke period. It's nothing but a cheesy insult.

This is on the other hand.

<]=)

15. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

I could never watch zelda if it were like an anime.. I just couldn't. It woudl ruin everyting =[

16. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Actually, a lot of people did. There were many people on the IGN boards who were arguing why it couldn't be fake. And I'm amused at how much crow they must be eating now... :D

An anime zelda would be better than the cartoon Zelda that aired on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show....which I still enjoyed.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

April Fools joke, right?

That can't be for real.

EDIT: Ah, already established as fake. Thank god.

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I personally think that these guys intended to make something good, but ended up with cheese-vomit, so decided to try an pass it off as an April Fool's Joke just to try and save face. :eek:

<]=)

19. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad considering what it was.

Of course it's not a multi-million dollar Hollywood production, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been real. There are plenty of low-budget studios out there that could create something like this. Of course Nintendo giving a small studio the rights to the franchise isn't very likely. ;)

I say kudos to those who did it because they obviously put some time and effort in to it.

Those that are saying it's "vomit", lets see you do one better. :)

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yeah, it had the budget of a PBS after school special, if that, it was probably funded by McDondalds, as in employment. :eek:

And waste "MY" time on someone else's intellectual property. No thanks. I'm suprised these nerds didn't do the gasoline in fluorescent light tube bit, like those tar.. err.. fans, that thought it would be great for their light sabre duo clip. Needless to say, they ending up in the hospital in critical condition. :D Sorry, I shouldn't laugh... :(

AND I WILL DO BETTER! I WILL!!! :mad: Just with my own "IP" of course. I'm working on three separate and equally cheesy vomits. :)

YOU DO BETTER!!! :mad: :p

<]=)

21. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

It was obviously a prank from the start. The actors in the trailer weren't nearly hot enough to be in any real Legend of Zelda movie.

I mean, would it be so hard to cast Orlando Bloom as Link, Eva Green as Zelda, and this guy as Ganondorf?

Actually...they could probably just re-make Kingdom of Heaven with Hyrule in place of Jerusalem and the Gerudos in place of the Moslems... Plus, Edward Norton would make an amazing king of Hyrule.

22. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I thought it was funny that Link didn't talk in the entire trailer. It would be awesome if they made a legend of Zelda movie where he didn't say a word throughout.