Leo laporte

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Says the ipad3 will be available on friday and same price as ipad2. Hope he right and he usually is.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

iPad this Friday would be nice, but I doubt it's going to happen. People need time to mobilize and to hype. A week and a half seems to be a good amount of time.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

While it may be available Friday, nothing is certain yet.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

He usually is?!?!?!? I don't listen to his shows as religiously as I used to but he is FAR from being an expert on anything and he admits it. He is an entertainer and his shows are more gossip than fact.

That said, Friday is good for me.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I can see pre-order starting Friday with delivery on the 16th.

6. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I would love an iPad 3 this Friday, but it's not happening so soon. A new Apple TV on the other hand is a little more likely.

7. penfan82 macrumors regular

What he said was someone contacted him who showed credentials that proved to be an Apple employee who stated that iPad should be available sat Leo said this is only what this man said Leo went on to say he wasn't sure

8. QuarterSwede, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'm an avid TWiT network fan and the person you should be listening to is Andy Inhatko. He usually speculates very little and is generally well rounded with the rumor news.

The most accurate of all though is AllThingsD. Kara Swisher has some very, very good inside sources. If she ever gives a definite date or time frame it's always right ... at least I can't remember her ever being wrong. As far as I know, she is the one that first stated, "the iPad 3 event will be March 7th."

9. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

As much as I love TWiT, I don't really believe anything he says when it comes to rumors or even tech in general. The people there are entertainers, as previously said. I mean I remember that one episode of iPad today where the hosts just discovered the iPad's split keyboard... several months after iOS 5 came out. I mean, they're supposed to follow this stuff. Its their job and Apple had it on the iOS 5 features list. They had no idea how to use the split keyboard and it was downright embarrassing to see.

So I would take his opinions with a grain of salt. He's an old man. Old fashioned and gray.

10. M87 macrumors 65816

Yeah, Kara Swisher confirmed March 7th on TWiT a couple weeks ago. Apparently someone tipped Leo off about the iPad 3 release date via email, but I'd take that with a huge grain of salt. Leo constantly gets things wrong. On the last MacBreak Weekly he thought you could use the iPad Camera Connection Kit to connect USB devices to the iPhone.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Which he freely admits. The network has grown so fast and has so many shows it's no wonder they have a hard time keeping up with every detail. They're definitely great for general news and getting industry folks on.

12. NewYorkRanger macrumors regular

NewYorkRanger

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple would want time to build hype. Free marketing. Don't think Friday will happen, but I would be down.

13. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats what he said except i believe he thought friday over saturday. I think he's more than an entertainer. He goes way back as a mac journalst, back to the 90s and infoworld, macuser etc as i recall. He is entertaining and informative.

----------

Thats really dumb

14. Snaaake! macrumors member

What about those big ass shipments photographed arriving by plane from China last week? Sounds crazy, but what if those were iPads? Maybe he's right? #wishfulthinking

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I think they were Apple TV's.

16. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I like watching twit but I don't trust much what Leo says. He is an android fanboy at times but he constantly contradicts himself. I miss the old twit before Lisa Kentzell become the CEO by sleeping with Leo. I really feel she is unprofessional and a bad person overall.

17. maclook macrumors 65816

I'm hoping that's the case. I really miss having an iPad.

----------

Crap, I just assumed the ATV and iPad would launch at the same time since they are being announced at the same time but now it seems like it would make more sense to see the ATV launch sooner.

18. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Unless Pogue, Ihnatko, Mossberg, et al. already have their review units in hand so that they can release their "1 week with the iPad 3" reviews on Thursday, I doubt it.

19. M87 macrumors 65816

Ihnatko didn't even get an invite to the announcement.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This.

Is why we will see the iPad shown Wednesday along with a new Apple TV and IOS 5.1

Apple TV available Friday online and in local stores. iPad pre-order Friday with delivery March 16th.

On sale March 16th with the release of IOS March 16th.

The pre-ordered iPads that are delivered March 16th will have IOS 5.1 on them already.

21. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

I dont necessarily think him being an Android fanboy to be a bad thing. Everyone has the right to have their own preferences. But he does contradict himself. You can constantly see him berating Apple yet he buys everything they make.

Sara Lane on the other hand boils my blood. I skip every single episode that has her and M.G Seigler together. Because she always starts revealing too much about their relationship when no one really cares. At least Tom and Eileen stay professional when they're both on camera.

22. carrako macrumors regular

Yeh thats what I heard too.... why do you think that is? Doesnt he usually always get an invite to these things?

23. maclook macrumors 65816

John Gruber, who got a personal Mountain Lion presentation and preview unit, hasn't said anything iPad 3 related for the past few weeks.

It's actually infuriating because I like when he denies or supports recent rumors but I also find it incredibly suspicious because he literally has nothing to say about the iPad 3.

24. duffer6 macrumors 6502

Due to his association with TWIT. Leo has low morals and ethics and it has tainted the reputation of known associates.

25. zp3dd4 macrumors member

I have a feeling he might have a review unit already, since last week he basically posted nothing at all..