Leopard £58.75 - Higher Edu Store!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by addz, Oct 18, 2007.

1. addz macrumors member

Did anyone notice this? I have checked this forum but couldn't find anyone who had noticed that the price of Leopard in the Higher Edu store is only £58.75.

Unlike the standard education price of £75.20 in the UK, students who attend any British University can access the Higher Edu store (only accessable thorough there University Internet connection or VPN) and get Leopard for £58.75, thats £26.25 discount off the original price.

Sounds good to me. Looks like i will be pre-ordering after all.

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

I think students should be made to pay more by way of punishment for blowing so much of their grants and loans on alcohol and drugs, then having the nerve to moan that they have no money left for books and bus fares to college.

Ok, so charge them more, and they will just go pirate it, like they do with their entire 80gb music collection. But it would be a sign that the powers at be are onto their little game!

3. addz thread starter macrumors member

hold up, i would like to think i'm very sensible with my maintenance loan, anyway, since i get a scholarship of 2k i will be using that to pay for it. lets call it a Educational purchase for my studies.

4. Germacintosh macrumors newbie

I just canceled the usual edu-store pre-order and got this one! great :)

5. illustratorDavi macrumors 6502

Are they offering the family pack at a reduced rate aswell ?

6. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

There is no point complaining if you have already paid a higher price than this as you are obviously not entitled to the higher ed price. If you have paid more and you are entitled to this, cancel your order and buy this.

8. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

nah im happy with the bit of discount i did get anyway the differnt unis have different discount rates

9. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I was going to get this until I found out about the £6 uptodate disk :)

10. Karvel macrumors regular

No the Family Pack is not discounted, which is a shame as it means I basically can't install it also on the iMac at home, just on my MacBook at uni. Maybe they should've made it a 2-user license :D

11. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Yes, but is the "Leopard Upgrade Kit" an upgrade-only installer? They did this for Tiger IIRC and it would only install over Panther - annoying when you come to blat* your Mac in the future. That's why I've gone for the full retail DVD.

*technical IT term for "format drive and re-install the OS" ;)

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

wow just wow. You are an idoit if you belieave that.

It is a minority of students who drink alcohol and even few who do drugs. Most of them do not have an 80 gig pirated music collections. Hell most people entire collection of music is under 10 gigs.

Lets see I am a student and lets see so far this year let me see here I have spent $20 on a 12 pack of beer (1/2 of which is still on my fridge). Drugs lets see I have spent $0 on illegal drugs in my college career and that been over 4 years. I can promise you a vast majority of students are like me. Over the course of 4 years yeah I will admit I have spent a few 100 on alcohol but breaking that down over 4 years it is not that much money (also I might like to point out I been of age most of my college career I am 24 right now)

But hey if you say that all college students to that and believe it then I am going to say you have ZERO room to talk when some one says all mac users are idiots and OSX sucks for everything.

13. sananda macrumors 68020

not in the uk.

14. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Do they have anything like this in the US?

I go to a state university.

15. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Two hours or so of my life for £50...not a bad deal IMO...if I wanted to, I could always just buy a <£50 External HD and keep a fresh Leopard install on that with Super Duper incase I ever want to install a fresh Leopard onto a Mac...

16. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Wakey wakey over there.. It was a joke. You know, humour. Tongue in cheek stuff. Lighten up :)