Leopard install and iPhoto… help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by marcre, Sep 3, 2009.

1. marcre macrumors regular

marcre

I lost my photo, all of them. It is definitely my fault.

Here's what happened.

I did a clean install of SL and transferred all my stuff over from an external drive(TC). I then dropped all my photos into iPhoto. They were all there. I then deleted my originals from the desktop. I assumed that a new folder was created with the photos in it in my pictures folder.

I also erased my TC to make room so I could start doing backups again. Well, just now I realized that iPhoto is empty because I accidentally deleted the photos. I've lost years of pictures.

Now, here's my question. Can I pull off the photos from my iPod or iPhone? There is a problem, neither of those devices have been connected to the computer since the SL install. Someone please let me know how I can get those pictures back to my computer.

Thanks for the help,
    Marc

2. marcre thread starter macrumors regular

marcre

Anyone have any experience with TouchCopy or Photo Liberator 2.1? What is the quality of the pictures when I pull them off my device? Would quality differ on the iPhone or the iPod?

3. marcre thread starter macrumors regular

marcre

4. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

1. Have you looked in the trash?
    2. Have you tried a data recovery program like datarescue?
    3. Are the photos om your iPod/Iphone the same size as the originals or have they been made smaller? If they been made smaller, you wont be able to get the full size ones back.

5. marcre thread starter macrumors regular

marcre

Yea, I looked in the trash. I really don't know exactly how this happened. I'm not sure if the photos are the same size as the originals, I'm hoping they are.

I'll look into that data recovery program. Thanks.