Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcortez

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
So if i were to buy a macbook now with a superdrive and basic ram, do you think it will be good enough to install leopard down the road?

I can't wait til spring for a new computer, but also don't wanna be screwed out of apps i really want like time machine, etc.

What do you guys think?
Thanks.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
You should be fine, considering that leopard will run on powerpc G3 processors. You wouldn't have a 64 bit processor, so some applications/advanced functions of leopard may not work on your macbook, but i am sure that time machine will work on a macbook.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
pcortez, you figure that Apple is going to release a version of their OS that WONT run on their brand new hardware that is less than a year old?

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
Does anyone think there will be a way to ONLY get TimeMachine? It seems like a great thing to have, i just dont want to have to buy a new OS in under a year ..

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Star Destroyer said:
Does anyone think there will be a way to ONLY get TimeMachine? It seems like a great thing to have, i just dont want to have to buy a new OS in under a year ..

No chance in hell.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Star Destroyer said:
damn, i figured it woud end up like that hahha
oh well, i like tiger

Upgrades cost like £75 don't they, its not a huge price to pay for the latest software....

Your choice though!

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.