Leopard Mosaic screensaver and iPhoto albums - uses photos outside the album

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RoboCop001, Nov 7, 2007.

1. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Hello. That Mosaic screensaver mode for photos is just great.

But there's one thing.... in iPhoto (I have iPhoto 6, last year's iPhoto) I've got an folder called Mexico, and in that Photo I've got 2 albums. Mexico All and Mexico. In the Mexico album I have my favorite photos, whereas Mexico All has every single photo from the trip.

But! Buuuuuut.... when I select Mexico in the screen saver preferences and click Mosaic, it displays photos from all of Mexico.

Now, I know that it's supposed to use photos from the whole iPhoto library to actually build a photo into a mosaic, but the thing is.... it's building a mosaic of a photo that is not in the album I selected. For some reason it's using every Mexico pic instead of the limited set I made. I even removed the album from the Mexico folder and just put it with all the other albums in the iPhoto sidebar thing, but it still does it.

Anyone else getting this?

2. rw5373 macrumors newbie

I agree

The album you select in the mosaic screensaver bears no resemblance to the pictures it actually uses.

A bugger if you want the mosaic screensaver - but your iphoto libraries has pictures of your past you don't want to see every day!

Robert

3. ELMI0001 macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

I have only imported 1 set of 5 photos and I want to play with the Mosiac feature but it says I must have an iPhoto Library. Don't I have an iPhoto Library that currently contains 1 set of 5 photos?

4. rw5373 macrumors newbie

10 pics

I heard a rumour u need at least 10 pics in your library for it to work.