Let`s ask Apple for wireless charging!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BatonMedved, May 12, 2012.

1. BatonMedved macrumors newbie

Since Samsung Galaxy S3 already has wireless charging feature, why don`t we ask Apple to do the same?

Just imagine this stunning concept - you simply put you phone on desk and go back to your activities while it automatically syncs with iTunes and charges. No wires, no falls, no physical wear.

So lets team up and write one feature request each here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

(i think its a good idea to mention SGS3 as its main competitor which probably boosts the decision)

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Im sure without us asking they prolly thought about it since wireless syncing or even before that!

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

does it?

regardless, it would be really nice to have; it's one of the very few things i miss about my palm pre.

4. racer1441 macrumors 68000

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

What's the fascination with wireless charging? It's still an inefficient technology. I'll stick to docking in my alarm clocks thanks.

6. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

No. Just no.

I may be the odd one here, but I actually enjoy being able to USE my phone while it's charging... and that means the ability to move it around, look at the screen, and even take a call (without having to resort to speakerphone or bluetooth).

Heck, the only time I play most of my games is when it's charging since IB2 and countless others bleed the battery too quickly.

7. cynics macrumors G4

Wireless charging is an ADDITIONAL feature of the S3. You can still charge the old way if you'd like. So you'll be able to talk and charge or tether or mirror etc etc.

I really don't see why anyone wouldn't want this feature except 2 reasons. It adds significant expense to the device. Or they don't want to use it so they dont want anyone too.

8. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Added expense, bulk, another thing to worry about breaking...