Let's all take a moment and appreciate how much snappier safari feels

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iDabble, Sep 21, 2012.

1. iDabble macrumors regular

:D

lets take a break from the endless neurotic pages of people complaining of metal scratching when it comes into contact with other metals

and from the whiny, entitled brats complaining about how they had to wait all the way until 4:30 to get their pre orders

and the constant hilarity of people making sarcastic remarks about how the ip5 was going to be a failure

and talk for a second about how fast this new iphone feels. everything is launching noticeably quicker, everything is a lot more responsive. this phone flies. safari has never felt snappier :rolleyes:

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

What phone did you have before?

Even 4/4S users including my own 4S are having faster web browsing after updating to iOS6. iOS6, in my opinion was an awesome upgrade.

-Faster Safari
    -Faster iMessage
    -Pretty vast improvement in battery

Still waiting on my room mate to get home with his new 5 so I can give it a test run.

3. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Haven't used Safari on the iPhone 5 yet but I can agree that Safari on the iPad 3 running iOS 6 is definitely faster than on iOS 5.1.1. Good stuff.

4. iDabble thread starter macrumors regular

not even talking specifically about safari (misleading title i suppose..) but it's just a common ambiguous phrase in regard to the phone lol. my main point it just that the phone feels noticeably faster in every regard

5. tsboy69 macrumors regular

6. jinrawke macrumors newbie

After being used to the sluggishness of my iPhone 4. This is a breath of fresh air. I'm having fun simply typing this message and browsing the web.

7. SR71 macrumors 68000

Same here, man!

8. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah I can't believe it. I'm coming from an iPhone 4S and the difference is night and day.

9. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

coming from the 4 as well. Just opening settings and seeing the speed difference is pretty cool.

10. shadrap macrumors 6502

11. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

12. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

LOL, I've said it before and I'll say it again..

I certainly hope your brand new A6 iPhone 5 is faster than last years A5 4S. :eek: I just find it funny when people say "wow, it's faster than last years"..

A lot of the "new device" feel on the 5 probably also has to do with the different screen. And not just the size, the color saturation, responsiveness, etc. I'm sure it's great, and I cant wait til my upgrade next fall.

13. JamesM macrumors regular

Definitely seems faster than my 4S. Not by a huge amount but noticeable.

14. AAPLinc, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

AAPLinc macrumors 65816

This is a more reasonable comment.

I think a 4 to a 5 would be a huge upgrade. 4S to a 5, not so much. This is how every upgrade is. When the 4S came out it was a big upgrade from the 3G, but not from the 4.

I was very surprised to hear that Apple surveyed and found MOST of the people that upgraded to the 5 were 4S users, rather than 4 users.

Yall actin like you went from a iPhone 1 to a iPhone 5 (this is to 4S to 5 owners). :p

15. M33-1 macrumors member

iPhone 4S running ios6 runs nearly the same speed as iPhone 5 when surfing. iOS6 is what's fast. I ran a couple speed tests at the store and the iPhone 5 was maybe a .5 second faster at opening a page. Maybe not even that much.

16. yellowfever5 macrumors newbie

Did a full safari comparison with my 4s on wifi - very little, if any, difference. Also awful creamy white screen and oversaturated garish colours. Being returned :(

17. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ok, the two people who showed up to buzzkill, lighten up!

While we're being positive, I want to comment on iOS 6. Any issues that are happening WILL be ironed out, probably very quickly, but there is a lot to love about it. For example, every time I update apps (which seems to be a lot over the last couple of days) my heart sings with joy that I don't have to type in my very long and laborious password.

18. MattSorkinNyC macrumors member

MattSorkinNyC

coming from a 3gs that has been dead for the past month. i feel like i just woke up from 1998 going from dial up modem to fios. LTE is just insane.

19. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

Coming from a 4, it's ridiculously fast. Been on WiFi browsing all day, really enjoying it.

I'd been using Chrome on the 4 recently, but with Safari full screen in landscape mode, and these amazing speeds, Safari is now my preference again.

20. amyangel macrumors member

I was very impressed with the browser and camera speeds! ;) I let go of the minor issues when i remember that minor things always happens with first gen of pretty much any new gadget :)

21. DemonsMaster macrumors newbie

As I type this out on safari I can agree but I also can't wait for chrome to update for the 5.

22. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Hilariously my safari on iP5 hung when I opened the thread. Generally though its blazing!

23. damitssam macrumors 6502

Anything will seem fast when you compare a 2 year old phone to a current one. I just don't get these comparisons at all, of course its gonna feel like night and day!