Lets have some happiness. I think the new high end 15,17 are great :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitedragon101, Feb 24, 2011.

1. whitedragon101 macrumors 65816

Lets have some happiness. I think the new high end 15,17 are great :)

Top end Quad core and a 6750m . We've waited so long lets take a minute to let some enthusiasm out :) .

2. Brettla macrumors regular

I agree, the 15 inch got everything I wanted to see in the update, and thats why i'm ordering mine as soon as I can.

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

I think its a very significant update. Last year we had the whiners crying and crying and crying over the Core 2 Duo. I think its awesome Apple now utilizes a quad core Macbook Pro. I won't be buying because my 15" 2010 MBP still is too powerful for my use lol.

4. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

Agreed. This is the update I've been waiting for! Quad cores, 1 GBVRAM GPU. Although I am disappointed that the "instant-on" and 30 days standby didnt make it to the pro :(

5. KohPhiPhi macrumors 6502a

I agree, the top-end 15" and 17" are pretty good in fact. It's only the 13" what's been a total let down.

6. Doneaux macrumors member

I think the reason people are whining is not really about the components, perhaps aside from 13" GPU, but rather they were expecting an aesthetic update, and thus were let down.

I'll glady pony up for a high end 15"! Quads, the GPU, 750GB and TB seems pretty good to me.

7. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I agree, the higher end MBP options look pretty good.

I'd need to test some games before giving up my gaming PC though. :)

Cheers,

8. teenheat macrumors newbie

i'm so excited, can't wait to order the high-end 15"!

9. chiodo macrumors newbie

This will be my first macbook and I am getting the highend one! :)

10. aCondor macrumors 6502

Yes, it is a very good upgrade. I will, however, be doing some comparison shopping to see what others are offering at $2,000.

It IS a lot of cash to be dropping on one laptop, but I'll probably end up doing it :D.

11. kitzuki macrumors regular

kitzuki

i agree the 15 inch is the way to go i was looking at the 1799 but since im already spending that much whats another 400 dollars for the 1g amd card

12. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I agree. I wasn't expecting a design change, so I'm not disappointed at all. It got Quad Cores, new graphics, etc. I'm picking one up this weekend.

13. mark28 macrumors 68000

The high end has good specs. But $2200 + $150 ( Anti Glare screen ) is pretty expensive imo. :eek:

So I'll pass after all, despite Quad cores. I was expecting the base 15" has the same GPU as the high end but with only 256 mb.

14. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Thank You :)

It`s nice to see a thread that`s not solely populated with whining and moaning.

Ah well, back to the threads complaining that it`s not 2mm thick with an 8-core cpu 20 hour battery etc. etc. etc.

I honestly hate MR at refresh time...

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think the update is a fine incremental update. The problem is that folks started getting unrealistic expectations. Apple usually does small updates, nothing major. There was little reason to expect that this would be a small refresh.

They had to get off the C2D platform for the 13" MBP, and for what ever reason they opted for AMD GPUs over Nvidia.

16. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I don't understand all this moaning. We have quad core sandy bridge macbook pro's people!
    So many threads in the last year waiting for it, and now its 'an insult'.
    Unbelievable.
    I for one, am really glad on the updates, the quad core has surprised me, i honestly thought it would only be the dual core, and the hard drive has increased in size too!
    The only games i'd be using it for, would be Portal 2, and my retro collection.
    What more could you possibly ask for?
    The base 15 inch model i'm gonna be made up for! Well done to Apple :)