Let's say something nice today!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 24, 2016.

?

can't we all just get along?

1. get deported Midget

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. I am going to kick you in the shins if I ever meet you

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. yes we can (in obama's voice of course)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. I'll make you legal midget

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. we miss renzatic

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  6. maybe AFTER the election after I am done puking because I voted for one of the main clowns.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  7. Midget loves you, long time and twice on Sunday.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jkcerda, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if trump and Hillary could muster up to say something they respected to a degree about each other at the end of the debate, can we do the same?

ya'll know I love you, long time :D

PS, credit to LizKat for the thread.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You don't follow party lines.

3. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

as a fellow immigrant, you should be deported right now. Still love ya man.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Your posts are awesome when Renz writes them. :D

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

My new 128GB Pixel is 10 minutes from my hand so I like all of you.

6. BernyMac, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

I know that telling the ladies that their hair smells wonderful is a nice thing to say. However, as someone who is admittedly at a height of only a few inches above sea level, don't they take that as being kinda fresh??? :p

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'd dunno, JK. A discussion of Marmite managed to get pretty heated at times.

I will say this: We live in a world that is filled with wonder and beauty. We are incredibly fortunate to be living now, in this miraculous world of ours, populated by amazing creatures. And for all our many faults, we humans have done some pretty impressive things too: We create art, and music, and literature, we have people who create fantastic things to eat and drink. We've created language, and mathematics, philosophy. We've created organizations to marshall the collective talents and efforts of tens of thousands of our fellow humans. We've created technological wonders. We erect structures that protect us from the elements. We build vehicles that soar above the clouds and to the very edges of our solar system.

Yeah: It's pretty tough to be living with an incurable disease. To be a refugee from war or crime or natural disaster. To be languishing in prison. And some of those situations are beyond our individual, or even combined, efforts to change.

But I do know this: It's a wonderful world out there. Do your best to enjoy it. To be a good steward of that which is within your control. Make the best use of the gifts of talent, and creativity, of energy, and learning that you have. Do your best to be nice to those your love, and to your fellow inhabitants of this blue ball, floating in the infinity of space, at once vast beyond compare and yet infinitesimally small and insignificant.

[​IMG]

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

while we obviously have major differences of opinion, I appreciate the fact many of you do indeed back up your claims when asked. even better most here manage to not make things personal .

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Where is the keyboard shortcut for putting a double like on a post.

Thank you for making this thread! Somehow it's not turning out like the interwebz turned out when someone ran this idea up the flagpole one day on Facebook or Reddit or somewhere and set the universe on fire... so that certainly speaks to your ability to thread the needle. :)

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am used to dealing with small stuff :D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh,,,,,,,,,,,, wait [​IMG]

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So you are in love with Trump!

12. chown33 macrumors 604

And make needling threads.

13. daflake macrumors 6502a

Meh, politics brings out the worst in everyone. Just because I disagree with some doesn't mean I don't respect their opinion and views. Everyone on here gains my respect for standing their ground even if I don't agree. That is just part of life and I am sure that I could sit with anyone and share a beer with no problems at all. ;)

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I like the peeps who don't take stuff too personally around here. Just as simple as that.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Please review the pixel for us. I'm very interested. I'm ready to jump from Apple.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL I just cited that link somewhere else too.. good the election is soon, the NYT would have to tack on more cloud storage space for the thing.

17. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Everyone above this line = good people

Everyone below this line = also good people ;)

(everyone on pages 2 through 10 are good people as well)

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

:D thanks for playing despite how clear it is that you must be having a really hard Monday... sympathies extended... ;)

19. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

The clowns (Goofy :confused:and Scary:mad:) are still at this presidential thingy. And it's Monday:eek:.
    How do I get something nice out of that? ;)

Note: just realized I wish I could switch the colors of the :confused::mad: to reflect the correct party color lines.

20. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

21. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm going for the win in this thread. Here's Trumpy praising Bill and Hillary

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wow, Donald saying nice things on tape for an extended period of time. Hold that moment! :D

23. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I can't really compare it to the iPhone since the last iPhone I owned was a 4. I will say a couple things though, I switched the phone to sRGB mode and now the screen colors are pretty close on the same picture compared to my 30" ACD. The phone itself isn't all that much faster than my Nexus 6 running Pure Nexus but is faster than my N6 running stock Nougat. USBC is silly nice compared to micro USB and the finger print sensor is fast as all get out but I don't really have anything to compare it to. I've had the phone a couple hours and I do like it and it'll last me more than a few years but there are some things I already miss coming from my N6.

Am I happy I got it?? Yes

Is it an earth shattering change?? no

Would I pick it over an iPhone?? yes, but I have a Linux desktop and a Chromebook Pixel so I'm an outlier