Let's say the MacBook Pro Retina is updated tomorrow, when will it go up for sale?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kacper, Mar 8, 2015.

1. kacper macrumors regular

I'm really excited for the Apple Event tomorrow! Let's say they update the MacBook Pro Retina and the MacBook Air, when will they go up for sale? Last year, you were able to purchase the updated laptops the day they were announced. Are they going to do that this year too?

2. Android300zx macrumors regular

Let's hope it's within my 14 day return period.

3. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

Your guess is as good as anyone elses' :)

4. kacper thread starter macrumors regular

That sucks.. When did you buy your MacBook Pro/Air?

5. webs1 macrumors member

Generally, new machines are available the day they are announced, but there have been exceptions. Given it will likely be spec bumps, and not a complete redesign, it's a good bet they will be available right away. Again, though, no guarantees.

6. Android300zx macrumors regular

It arrives to my door on Tuesday so I hope the 14 day return period starts from when it's delivered. The whole time I was under the impression I was buying a 2015 model, lol.

7. kacper thread starter macrumors regular

The 14-day return period starts from the day the item is delivered to you. I would just go to the Apple Store and have them exchange it for me. They will have no problem doing that.

8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yup. No way would a updated rMBP not be available the day it's announced. Might not be in the stores, but you can definitely order online.

9. kacper thread starter macrumors regular

Hopefully they lower the price of the base retina model and make it $1199.

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm sure the price would stay the same. You'll have to get an Air if you want prices that low.

11. kacper thread starter macrumors regular

I already have the Retina MacBook Pro right now, not going back lol.

12. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No Pro

I can't see the pro being upgraded today but the airs may get some love....

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If we see anything, it will be the MBA, either the 12" MBA that's been rumored or upgrading the existing MBAs to Broadwell m processors and maybe even retina.

I don't see how Apple could upgrade the MBP when the latest chipset is not even out yet.

14. radioking, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

radioking macrumors regular

Somebody has to be the first to release laptops with the chips using the HD6000/iris 6100 graphics. Intel said they started shipping them to vendors 2 months ago. Maybe the reason no one else has used them is Apple got first dibs.

I'm hoping I can order a new 13" Pro today. The shipping delay that appeared late last week just seems too coincidental. If the 13" Pro gets upgraded today I'm guessing the 15" will get a price cut. It's been on sale for $1799 for almost a month now at most authorized dealers.