Lets start a list of ppl buying new MBP on the 15th

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shoulin333, Jan 5, 2008.

1. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

so as the title says...

who of you out there will slap down money the day of release for the new MBP (if it comes out..on the 15th that is)

AMEX is going to bring dady a new computer on the 15th if they follow through baby!

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i won't be buying one regardless. but even if i were in the market, i'd like to see the thing before thinking about buying it.

4. chariotofFIRE macrumors member

What for..... You don't care about the next person.

5. Kelly™ macrumors regular

o_O

I would
    • Have to see it in person
    • Fall in love with it somehow design/look wise more so than my current laptop
    • Be absolutely freakin amazed at the increase of speed, lower CPU temps, and at least 1 hour or more battery life increase
    If all of the above weren't true, then scratch giving a damn until my warranty runs our or I break my current laptop bad enough to want a new one, then why not get the latest? (so to speak, latest, lol, latest was 10 minutes ago anymore)

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Your current MBP is fab! I'm sure it'll be a beast for at least until the next 3 years. DOn't waste your money!

I'm not buying a new laptop until my AppleCare expires, that is in 3 yrs time.

7. one1 macrumors 65816

I'm not the person who buys the laptop on the day it is released and moans through all the early adopter woes and issues.

I'm the person that buys YOUR laptop the day you buy the new one, which has already depreciated enough to consider it a deal, has already been hammered out and is running 100%, and likely has a bump up like a bigger HD or more ram so I can be ESPECIALLY happy with my new toy and your modded book.

...........all for about half what you just paid for the new one, which is likely not that much more capable than the one you just got rid of. ;) I played in that game with the iPods and iBooks for about 2 yrs and lost my arse on it time and time again.

Playing the "new MAC game" on revisions every 6 months is a costly game you can't win, but I highly encourage you to do it because I upgrade on the same day you do for a lot less :D

8. Kelly™ macrumors regular

pwnt.
    your my hero

9. Fossie macrumors member

Definitely, I'm now in the market for a decent laptop.

10. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I will be getting a new one on the 15th for sure, but in response to "the guy who buys my present MacBook Pro" the thing is for the same price point (ie: 1999/2499) I stand to get pretty much the exact same MacBook Pro as I had tricked out 6 months ago, plus some other little bonuses, all for say maybe a top up of $500 or so.

If you keep your $2499 laptop for 3 years it will depreciate next to nothing anyway, so might as well just factor in the kick of getting a new laptop every now and then, and pay a slight premium on it to make it worthwhile.

Also, you are discounting the fact that laptops can be purchased through some workplaces at corporate prices, and claimed against tax deductions making it even cheaper than it was... to the point where it might actually be profitable to keep upgrading.

If you cannot claim your MacBook Pro as a business expense, perhaps you really have no business in buying one :)

11. one1 macrumors 65816

That's ignorant. You are confusing the rest of the entire free world with your needs.

C'omn now really, that is a blanket statement to cover only your needs and you are trying to apply it to the entire free world. I highly doubt Apple would approve of your theory.

There's no reason for me to go out and purchase this brand new then write this off for my company when I can buy it for a good price, completely bug free and recall free, THEN write it off.

12. ibizarocks macrumors regular

13. Dan0903 macrumors member

I've been waiting for 4 months for the 15th, so yes, i'l be buying a new macbook pro.

If there is not one however, i will be ever so slightly miffed at having to wait so long.

14. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Yes, I will buy one on the 15th. Hopefully they add 200GB 5400RPM standard and lower the price of the 7200RPM HDD.

15. icepick1985 macrumors member

16. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I'll have the money for a MacBook Pro from tomorrow, I will be refreshing that Apple Store page, card in hand :D

17. lekun macrumors regular

Whether or not a new 15 MBP comes out I am buying one on the 15th. I've needed one for the past week and a half, but have been holding out. What will really kill me is if they announce a new one, but its availability is delayed.

Uggh.

18. Mastamarek macrumors regular

Mastamarek

If there's gonna be a new one, u can count me in.

19. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

20. DubOverdose macrumors member

If it is as good as some of the hype is, then I probably will. My 17" PB is still going strong though.

21. Keebler macrumors 68030

the new specs (if any come) will have to be much better than the current line up. If they're not, i'm hoping for a further reduction in the refurb prices and I'll just get a current refurb model at that point. I don't need super power, but if the specs are great and the price isn't so bad, a new one will be worth it.

22. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Ditto. The only reason I haven't bought already is because I'm so curious what they'll announce at mwsf. Also hoping the refurb prices will go down if nothing i'm interested in unearths.

23. evilyankeefan macrumors regular

evilyankeefan

If refreshing MacRumors for MW updates at the :apple: store means yes, then count me in. :)

I'm all for instant gratification.

24. maclovin macrumors newbie

25. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

Absolutely. I've been waiting since October for the new MBPs. I really don't care if it's delayed as much as just having the satisfaction of finally having to wait and wonder whether or not it will be released is over.

Then I have to wait for it to come.... but I can live with that