LG E2250V LED - as an external monitor for mbp..to buy or not to?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by XheartcoreboyX, Apr 15, 2010.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

2. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

I did see an LG LED at Best Buy recently (I think it was a 22"), it was very thin, and lightweight (yes, I actually picked it up.) The contrast and colors were amazing. Definitely a good purchase, just remember to pick up a DisplayPort adaptor. I think the contrast was something crazy, like 2 or 5 million : 1. I'd stick to LG and Samsung if you're going for a non-Apple external display. The LG LED was on sale for a very good price if I remember correctly.

A side note, one time I used a DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor for an external monitor (a 24" Samsung LCD) with my MBP, and it looked terrible! and had TV-centric resolutions. I ended up getting the DisplayPort to DVI (I think DVI-I) make sure to check this, I almost bought the wrong adaptor; the image was MUCH better using DVI than when using HDMI for some reason. Maybe this has changed recently, I don't know. Doesn't hurt to check though.

3. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

I got it!

The 21.5" version, matte finish, i love this screen a lot, i can't believe i used to do PS and FCP on a 13" :D

I am using the Apple mini display>DVI + DVI>HDMI cables, can't get any better.

Right now looking for a longer (3m) DVI>HDMI cable for a better placement for the Macbook.