LG W2600H 26" wide LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by catht, Apr 28, 2009.

1. catht macrumors newbie

I am very close to purchasing an LG W2600H 26" wide LCD monitor, WCG, DVI. I was looking for something with S-IPS technology about 24-26". I need good graphics for my work and this one fits my criteria the best. Sadly I couldn't buy the new 24" Apple Cinema Display because it isn't compatible with my 1 year old Macbook Pro... grrrr.

Strangely I can't find much info about the LG's compatibility. I am assuming it will be compatible with my Macbook Pro? Does anyone else use this monitor? If so. which leads do I need?

Also, even LG customer services don't know much about this monitor! I asked them about speakers. Although they are certain there are no speakers they weren't able to tell me whether there are any stereo jacks? Is this standard on monitors? Can anyone recommend some decent but no too pricey speakers?

2. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

The W2600H has a DVI port on it - I'm not familiar with the MacBook-series, but if it has DVI-out, then you should be able to just connect it to the cable provided with the monitor. If it is Mini-DVI, then you'll have to buy the Mini-DVI to DVI adapter.

3. catht thread starter macrumors newbie

Great thanks. I don't have mini-DVI on my Macbook Pro, more's the pity. Don't suppose anyone knows about whether it has stereo jacks? And can recommend speakers?

4. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Link

Check out the spec on the product page. It looks like it does not take audio...

Also, what is the model of your MacBook Pro?

EDIT - Is this on your MBP?
    [​IMG]

5. catht thread starter macrumors newbie

It's model number A1261 . I have no idea whether that has speakers either - I suspect not? I may have to reevaluate my monitor choice if I can't use speakers... :(

6. catht thread starter macrumors newbie

No, not that port. Isn't that the mini Diplayport? I have the same thing but bigger (a slightly older model from March 08).