LGBT Americans for Trump - Proof He's More Gay-Friendly Then Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 27, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

What can I say..proof is in the puddin'...

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Trump Pudding that's sick. Trump is for whatever he wants on any given day.

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

yep, proof is in the pudding'....

link

I doubt some trumped up video trying to make out Trump as a champion of gay rights is going to convince anybody

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

You can't make trump look friendly. He buys others.

5. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Steve...you are talking, replying to yourself..easy on the meds champ.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    He believes it is a state issue, as do I, and I don't care one way or the other BTW.

How about any comments on Hillary's position on gay marriage which has been documented.....crickets...I thought so.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

7. Robisan macrumors 6502

Honestly, this is so lame. This type of video could be put together for about 80% of the country.

...adding, the only thing remarkable here is that the OP never tires lame gotcha's that wouldn't survive scrutiny beyond a pre-adolescent schoolyard.

8. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Well..actually, Hillary doesn't survive the scrutiny test no matter how high the bar is et.

9. WarHeadz, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016

WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Quite frankly, I don't really care what he or you believe. My civil rights are not a "state issue". As an American, I'm entitled to get married in any state I wish as affirmed by SCOTUS. No state has the right to deny me the right to marriage. But nice to know you don't care about rights that don't apply to you, what a show of character.

Fact of the matter, Trump would appoint justices to reverse Obergefell. He is therefore unworthy of my vote and will never have it. I don't care if you found a few gay people stupid enough to vote for him. I can find you a few Hasidics that would love to destroy Israel. What's your point?

She supports it. She wouldn't appoint justices to overturn it. And she wants to amend the civil rights act to include sexual orientation.

I know, you're going to pull a quote from years ago where she says she's against same sex marriage, but you know what? I don't care. Her opinion changed in recent years, as did those of much of the US population. Why should she be any different? Today, on March 27, 2016, Hillary Clinton supports same sex marriage and Donald Trump is against it and would appoint justices to undo it. Yeah, very gay friendly.

If you thought anyone would actually buy this crap, you righties are more delusional than previously thought.
    Threads like this are just amazing. You have one candidate who is supportive of a ruling in favor of marriage equality, a second candidate who says he would try to overturn it, and a right wing forum member trying to convince people that the one currently against marriage equality is actually more gay friendly while admitting that he thinks individual states should be allowed to violate our rights and you agree with him on that. Do you think everyone is f***ing stupid except you?

10. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

I hear your argument, which always illustrated how complicated the civil rights issue was concerning gay marriage and rights as it also infringes on religious rights...while the opposite infringes on gay rights.

For instance, do gay rights supersede sharia law within the muslim communities inside the UK? apparently not.
    In the US apparently it does.. and I accept that, as long as religious rights are honored too.

Because of the complexity of the issue, states rights seem more logical than Fed law on the issue of rights FOR ALL.

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

any LGBT voter, and certainly unlike you, they DO care about the issue, understand that Trump threatens their ability to get married

Hilary's position on gay marriage is that she supports the right of gays to marry (link)......yes, she's changed her position, unlike Trump who'll consider appointing supreme judges to get rid of it.

more from Trump on the issue;

12. WarHeadz, Mar 27, 2016

WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

There's no infringing on religious freedom from the emergence of gay rights. That "loss of rights" religious people feel is the sting of losing a little bit of their privilege. All this time they were under the impression that they can push their beliefs on those around them and into our secular laws without consequence, now they're being called out for it. Allowing gay couples the right to civil marriage has zero effect on "religious freedom", but it may have some negative effects on religious privilege. Besides, there are more than a few churches and synagogues that are happy to solemnize same sex marriages, so should the government only be protecting the "religious freedom" of those against it?

Not quite sure what you're talking about here. Sharia law isn't legally recognized in this country, not sure how things work in the UK. If Muslim communities/Mosques choose to not recognize a same sex marriage that's their right, but the municipality they reside in still has to recognize it since it's part of our secular government.

13. thewap, Mar 27, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Don't really know how you equate religious rights as privilege.. it is not a privilege to exercise religious beliefs in this country.

You are correct that Sharia is not recognized in this country, but is is recognized in the UK whithin the muslim communities.

Now imagine this in the US, does a gay muslim male or female have the right to enter a mosque in the US?
    If thrown out, who is in the right?

Nonetheless, Trump's platform is not to rail against gay rights, and probably will not as he is a New Yorker. So no need to panic...there are much more important issues to deal with in our country.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

It is a privilege to have laws based on your faith a privilege to be thought better because of your faith to destroy lives and culture because of your faith. To control others through your faith by passing laws that effect gays and women. To have tax payers pay for the privilege letting churches be tax free. Christians have caused the stoppage of other faiths building their temples.

15. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

16. dec. Suspended

dec.

So currently it appears that in 2016 Hillary supports same-sex marriage, while Trump has made indications of considering the assignment of judges to SCOTUS that could overturn the decision on same-sex marriage... Or in short: another junk thread for the idiots who swallowed the "Trump owns Ford!11!"-garbage.

17. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Oh please. Thad Hillary
    "Currently". Hillary has been against things & flipped as it has suited her

19. dec. Suspended

dec.

It's not infowars, the national enquirer or the weekly world news, but some would consider it a "source" anyway.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sus...ge-i-can-see-changes-coming-down-line-frankly

Your opinion of me is irrelevant. It was just amusing to watch your train wreck. Spinning "Ford hasn't changed any of their plans at all" into a "Trump made Ford change their plans" doesn't speak for your intelligence or credibility (unless you were spreading misinformation on purpose), but it does have a decent entertainment value, so thank you for that.

20. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

A couple things to point out:

1. Notice how Trump starts out with a nice slow drone before meandering with wifffle-waffle? I'm sure he ultimately gave an answer, but after none seconds of nothing do you honestly believe anybody would sit through the maining 2 minutes 6 seconds of that clip? Get one of those body language peeps, except the ones from FOX shows, to analyze him. Unless he has autism or something, chances are he was playing for time with his delays and meandering.

2. Clinton has changed her stance on the issue since (what appears to have been recorded in 1992), plus GLBT people are so small in terms of the general population that catering to them for votes isn't going to really achieve much. Especially that she has changed her stance, she would run a greater risk of losing voters that will probably wander over to Trump instead because that's all those voters seem to care about.

21. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Your link reinforces what I said..Trump's [position is on state's rights.

The article about Ford was their reply to Trump of their plan to stay and expand in the US, so it is relevant - despite your mis-informed opinion - of which stupidity to me is also completely irrelevant .

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Do you really need me to post links to all the laws passed to attempted to discriminate against gay people. Have you not seen the protests and suxh to stop mosques being built? If you need those I can glad post them. But they have been posted many times here.

23. Robisan macrumors 6502

This really bears repeating:

Threads like this are just amazing. You have one candidate who is supportive of a ruling in favor of marriage equality, a second candidate who says he would try to overturn it, and a right wing forum member trying to convince people that the one currently against marriage equality is actually more gay friendly while admitting that he thinks individual states should be allowed to violate our rights and you agree with him on that. Do you think everyone is f***ing stupid except you?​

It's thread after thread of 'heads I win, tails you lose' pre-adolescent drivel.

24. dec. Suspended

dec.

You """forgot""" to mention that Trump also says that he would consider the placement of certain judges in order to overturn the SCOTUS ruling. And that's exactly the point - based on that statement it appears to be extremely dumb to say that Trump is more supportive of gays than Hillary is. Although I'll give you the benefit and assume that you were simply lying instead of being THAT uninformed.

Comparison:

Hillary on gay marriage: "Proud to celebrate a historic victory for marriage equality—& the courage & determination of LGBT Americans who made it possible"

Trump on gay marriage: "I would strongly consider to place judges to overturn the ruling"

Result in Thewap's world: "Trump is more gay-friendly".

ooook....

Hello? They never said they were leaving the US in first place, Trump criticized them for investing in Mexico. What are they doing now? They are investing in Mexico. Even someone like yourself can't be serious when spinning this into a "They are listening to Trump"-garbage.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/24/news/economy/donald-trump-ford-ceo-mark-fields

Here they are explaining to Trump that they have been expanding all along and that they are continuing that path. No, Trump has not achieved ANYTHING. They have NOT changed their plans.

25. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap