LiarTrump's Latest Delusion Losing Steam

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by poloponies, Mar 15, 2017.

1. poloponies Suspended

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah, you know it's bad when even his own party calls him out. Without supporting evidence that his AG seems to be incapable of providing, he just looks completely untrustworthy and without credibility.

Sessions: I never gave Trump reason to believe Obama wiretapped him

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/15/politics/jeff-sessions-donald-trump-wiretapping/index.html

3. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Trump's "evidence" seems to be that he heard that lunatic Mark Levin say it.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Breitbart "truths" give Supreme Leader comfort, while he hopes you forget about all the Russian friends he does not have. :rolleyes::oops:

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh what a moron Trump is! He did an interview on Fox tonight where he finally revealed where he got his info that Obama wiretapped him:

From Fox News and the New York Times. Nevermind they never said that. :rolleyes:

Months ago. But in his tweet he said he "just" found out. Funny how the lying unreliable fake failing media is where he gets his supposed info from.

What a freaking liar this man is. Absolutely shameless.

6. Huntn, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Ok, we can justifiably add delusional to the mix of negative adjectives directed at Supreme Leader. :oops:

... I do think he picked it up from a Mark Levin, Breitbart story.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I can't help but wonder if Sessions' job is now in peril for telling the truth....

8. Huntn, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

While being interesting that not all Trumpets are willing to take a bullet for their crazy boss, it would be a plus, plus.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I find the silence from conservatives on this board about this issue to be interesting and deafening. What's wrong guys...cat got your tongue? :D

More news:
    Senate intelligence panel rejects Trump wiretap claim
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39297439

Paul Ryan backs intel committees: 'No such wiretap existed,' as Trump claims

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/16/paul...-no-such-wiretap-existed-as-trump-claims.html

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nice...

Today Trump threw Fox under the bus blaming them and their talking head (Andrew Napolitano) for claiming that Britain had something to do with wiretapping him:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/wa...t-obama-ordered-british-spies-to-wiretap-him/

Only to have Fox rebuke that and say that:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...laim-that-u-k-helped-obama-wiretap-trump.html

Love it.

IMG_2023.JPG

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Ah-oh, Ryan is in trouble, he did not back up the Big Cheese. Expect the bad mouthing to commence. :)

12. Zwopple macrumors regular

The reality is Trump read this off Breitbart and just spewed it across Twitter and is now desperately trying to find any shred of real evidence to back his claims.

The longer he drags this out the more moronic it makes him seem.

13. Scepticalscribe, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

He repeated this allegation - in a sly, roundabout way - at his peculiar press conference with Chancellor Merkel yesterday when he suggested that he and she "had something in common" (namely, that they had both been wiretapped by President Obama or his administration).

In the case of Dr Merkel - we know that this is true, and the Germans were incandescent at the time. However, with regard to Mr Trump, he is repeating an allegation that the Senate - including, even the Republicans in the Senate - let alone GCHQ in the UK (doubtless acting under instructions from the British Government) - had all stressed has no evidence to support it, and thus has absolutely no veracity - or credibility - whatsoever.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Read the essay titled "Russian DNC Narrative Played Out Exactly As They Hoped,”. It was published in Time magazine yesterday and outlines how Brazile did in fact cheat during the race and tried to blame it on Russia. It's ridiculous. You guys need to drop the fake Russian ties. Enough is enough.

On topic, what exactly is all the wire tap noise? I heard people giving Trump a hard time because a server in Trump Tower was "tapped" not necessarily a phone line. Is that what all this noise is about?

15. Huntn, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

And instead of owning up to President Trump's mistake, his dutiful minions slither around trying to spin it into some more alternate facts. :oops:
    --- Post Merged, Mar 18, 2017 ---
    As long as President Trump is supported by his lunatic fringe*, I expect no changes in his wreckless behavior, the river of false information and baseless accusations. The most alarming aspect of this behavior instead of trying to fool us, is that he might actually believe his own rhetoric. :eek:

* I admit that's not a completely fair label.

One leg of his two legged stool appears on the verge of collapse- support of Congressional Republicans. When will we (Americans) finally look each other in the eye and admit we elected a man who operates and survives based on lies and misinformation, and deal with it's consequences?

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Did you see the look on her face? It was almost as good as the Japanese prime minister's. I look at faces and body language...tells you a lot. :D

Just because she had a talking point doesn't mean things shouldn't be investigated. Even some Republicans agree with that. It's not just a DNC thing.

17. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I did see the expression on her face; in fact, I watched the press conference with my brother, as it was broadcast live; we delayed sitting down to dinner by over an hour because the press conference started the best part of an hour late.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Do I remember the Japanese PM rolling his eyes as he got up from his Trump exposure? :)

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

As amusing as this is in some ways, it's also one of the reasons Trump is so dangerous. He gets obsessed by the slightest thing -- an accusation made of him, or a refutation of some accusation he makes-- and he cannot for the life of him move on.

Meanwhile Ryan and McConnell are going batguano over the fact that time is moving on, the ACA replacement rollout is fubar and the budget looks dead on arrival not least because (in both cases) the Republicans can't get on the same page with each other never mind with Trump and his merry band of disrupters in the White House.

I have visions of Tillerson hanging on the phone with a secure message about something Beijing has said about North Korea, while Trump says to Bannon or Conway, tell him to wait I have to finish this, and "this" is some tweet he's formulating to "Fix This Thing About How They Wire Tapped Me."

So yeah, he looks moronic on this issue but more to the point of adversaries of the USA, he looks eminently distractible.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I think we need to be a little careful about dismissing Trump out of hand on the basis of this stupid Tweet of his. We need to focus back on the real issues that this nonsense is obscuring: the apparent attempt by Russia to influence the US elections, with collusion of the Trump inner circle (e.g., Sessions) or not; the foolish plan put forward by the GOP to replace Romney/ObamaCare; the de-funding of science in the US; Trump's proposal to allow mining and drilling companies rape national parks and forests; the Trump's administration's threat of a first strike at North Korea; Trump's alienation of virtually every crucial ally; etc.

21. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

And his gutting of funding for the State Department and USAID while increasing defence spending. This tells me that "soft power" - which can be extraordinarily effective - is viewed with derision - the mindset and worldview of a small, bad-tempered child who thinks that smashing everyone else's toys is how you can best set about the challenge of getting your own way in everything.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I don't think that is going to get too far, frankly. Too many people realize its importance.

Of course I never thought Trump could win this election so what do I know. But Congress is not exactly the same as a collection of people who cast a vote and then go back to their day jobs even if that day job is just armchair quarterbacking the government for another two, four, six years. The House and Senate are accountable not only to their constituents but to the Constitution. There are some big ideas on common good in there, last time I looked... I hope these guys in Congress have actually read it.