Libby Looses ability for Law Practice

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Reuters is reporting Libby wont be practicing law since he fell on his sword for Cheney/Bush for outing a CIA Agent.http://reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2039157920080320 I cant feel sorry for him since he was part of this disinformation campaign to get us into Iraq though Saddam had no ties to Bin Laden. I still think that if Bushco didnt falsely take us into Iraq we may have gotten Bin Laden for 911. Plame and her husband were simply reporting the truth, something Bushco's spin machine has trouble with over and over and over.

Libby was pardon by Bush for this while a border agent is still in jail for defending our Border. Amazing....Republicans

2. stevegmu macrumors regular

What?

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

+1

I think what he is saying is Libby lost his license to practice law.

4. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You like that:D Well Im sure Libby will become the next dreadful thing to a lawyer and thats a lobbyist.

5. stevegmu macrumors regular

Maybe you should copy and paste next time..
    Tell me, what's an 'ability for a law practice?'

6. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

To be able to Lie would be my guess, hey if you cant comment on the story then attack the messenger. Is that in the republican play book next to throw Mud? These Bums outed one of our own for political gain.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We generally don't comment on people's misspellings and grammatical errors because it distracts from the actual argument. We also have some here who don't speak English very well, and some who have reading disorders like dyslexia. But if you'd like to talk about the subject of the article, guessing you have some sort of defense for Libby. We're all ears.

And just in case anyone wants to go there, didn't the Clenis lose his license for lying too?

9. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

The following statement is completely free of any political slant, as I'm a registered independent, and hate the bipartisan system.

I don't know Libby personally, nor do I know much about him aside from what's been in the news. But after reading this, I feel badly for him. I feel badly that the field in which he dedicated a lot of time, energy, and money, will no longer provide him his livelihood, which I think is tragic for just about anyone who has this result. As mentioned above, he will probably be able to find an alternate position. I realize there is an ethical, as well as political debate as to whether or not this was a deserving result, and I don't necessarily argue that. I just feel badly for his loss as a human being. What a waste.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It is, but it was his choice to impede the investigation to protect what it was he was protecting. Releasing the name of a CIA agent for political reasons should be a nonpartisan issue. I don't know about you, but I don't want Hillary or Obama to be able to do this free of consequence. Why not feel the same way when someone with the Bush administration does it? It's indefensible. Someone did it, we know why. But Libby had to fall on the knife. Or was pushed. I guess someone had to be. Then, while he wasn't pardoned, his sentence was commuted and he no longer has to testify against anyone. Still bothers me. It should bother people more than it does.

11. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

In full agreement on the fact that it's deserving for his choice to participate in criminal activity. I guess I'm liberal with my pity. ;)

12. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. He lied to a grand jury for starters and of course because of him (and others) Valerie Plame who dedicated a lot of time, energy and put her life on the line can no longer do her job.

13. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Good point, scotthayes. I didn't weigh the loss of her career without choice, against the loss of his by his choice. (runs off to to the math. done.) Okay, my pity for Libby has just dried up, rolled over, and sighed it's last breath. ;)

Forgive me, I haven't slept in 70 hours.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

While true, and I'm no Libby fan by any means, I still can't help feeling he was thrown under the bus and was ruined for it. He's not as much of a victim as Plame is, nor her husband, again his choice. And he even had his sentence commuted. But the person really responsible is still out there. I have to wonder if it was his choice to do what he did to cover it up.

Don't get me wrong though. Still guilty. Still deserves this and worse. And why do I have the feeling he has a nice cushy job waiting for him somewhere for keeping his mouth shut? :rolleyes:

15. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

That's why I put (and others) in there. I fully believe that libby was the fall-guy in the Valerie Plame leak. If you ask me, cheney and rove were the guilty one.

I'd say it's 100% he'll have a nice cushy job waiting for him on Jan. 21st 2009

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He could have chosen at any time to tell the truth. Had he done so, he would not have been convicted of perjury.

Personal responsibility often seems to be in short supply among some of it's loudest proponents...

Totally his choice. He made a conscious decision to lie to Patrick Fitzgerald. Because of his lies, he allowed others to remain unscathed. Now, maybe you're suggesting that he was presented with the classic "offer you can't refuse"; but even then you have a choice to make.

Libby made this mess himself. He could have stopped it at any time, but chose not to.

I also wonder whether this punishment will be able to be rescinded after Bush gives Libby a full pardon in his final days.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What about the reporters that actually reported the story. I would think they could of used judgement and not report it. Where is their penalty.

18. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I agree they should have face some form of punishment, but they will hide behind the freedom of the press. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for free speech, but it come with responsibility, which they truly lacked when they reported her name

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Did Novac face any jail time or is he still working?

20. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Only Judith Miller went to prison, but that was for contempt of court. Novak just wrote another book.

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

True, and again I don't defend him, but I still wonder if he was threatened while the actual person(s) responsible get off scott-free.

[​IMG]

Maybe not.