Liberals talk about divisiveness while saying Melanie can barely speak English

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.breit...p-can-barely-speak-english/amp/?client=safari

This is the real tolerance of the left, if you agree with them they will protect you and display faux outrage over the same things that they themselves are demonstrating towards people who don't hold the same views as them.

If a Republican were to make fun of the accent of a foreign born person the left would be flipping over backwards to paint them as a racist bigot, but for some reason the left is given a pass for belittling the accent of Trumps wife who is fluent in five languages, meanwhile this mouth breathing twit only knows one: hatemongering.

2. appleisking macrumors 6502a

I only see one liberal doing this. Do you have a source of a pattern of liberals saying she can barely speak English or just handler

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'll agree with you on this matter. Chelsea Handler used an utterly superficial reason to dismiss Melania Trump.

But since we're on the subject of hatemongering, I have to assume—if you're going to be remotely consistent—that you'd likewise condemn trump for his divisive rhetoric.

And since trump by far wields more power and influence than Handler, isn't it even more important to call him out on his divisiveness? Perhaps you can comment on that.

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Where's the mass liberal connection in this story? Or is this yet another exaggerated generalisation we've come to expect in this section of the forum?

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

If the left objected to this, they would be protesting Chelsea Handler. They are not. She should be blackballed by the left. Not happening.

6. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

And by contrast the "right" is so tolerant, isn't it?

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Just found out about it.

But you're right. It's time to take some action!

I promise to never watch her TV show. I'm boycotting it. She is blackballed in my book.

Happy?

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Handler shouldn't be doing this, but Melania Trump does not need nor deserve anyone's empathy. Sorry we don't spring to action to fight every slight faced by this super wealthy person married to the most powerful person in the world.

We defend the defenseless first.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Chelsea Handler speaks for all American liberals.

10. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

And David Duke speaks for all American conservatives.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

1st. breitbart.

Second - and this should be obvious. Chelsea Handler is not the entire left.

The hypocrisy in this thread is awesome.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hey if it's so bad then why isn't your butt out there protesting Chelsea Handler? By not protesting you are complacent. Start making your signs!

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And we prioritize our dissent to those who hold positions of real power.

Once again we see conservatives who have their priorities backwards, as they focus their outrage on C-list celebrities, while not holding the president accountable for his divisive rhetoric.

It is baffling.

14. DanielDD macrumors 6502

It is not being divisive. It is about being pragmatic. If the interviewee is not able to understand or answer questions proficiently, then what is the point of the interview?
    I am looking for some jobs in the European market. Some of them require me to speak German. And I don't. And I don't feel discriminated by it. I know that those requirements are essential to get the job done.

But this is just my two cents...

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I don't see anyone on the left smacking her down, so apparently they're cool with it.

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Trumps "divisiveness" as you call it isn't veiled in an attempt or movement that claims otherwise. He's as subtle as a jackhammer and doesn't sugar coat his position. He's well aware as many of us are that his non-supporters aren't going to like his stance.

The actors at last weeks events are trying to play it off as if they are so open and welcoming and unifying when in fact just about everyone of these events on through the actual riots are clear examples of the truth they are trying to hide. They act as if they are here driving these rallies to bring people together but in fact they are the ones who are dividing America. It's their way or your a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, etc...
    --- Post Merged, Jan 29, 2017 ---
    The difference is the right and Trump himself have denounced the KKK and David Duke numerous times. Let's see the left make such a point over Handler.

17. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I don't care what Trump says - he's a brazen liar and always has been. The KKK considers Trump one of their own and Trump has done absolutely nothing to dissuade them.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

The lack of evidence isn't proof.

And unless you can tell me the political leaning of who is tweeting back at her or posting nasty comments on Facebook - then I'm afraid you're just spitting into the wind.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Chelsea Handler was absolutely wrong in what she said and how she framed it. I don't have a problem admitting that at all, or calling out idiots on the Left or Right when they say something stupid and divisive.

So long as you're willing to say that trump is likewise engaging in divisive and stupid rhetoric, then we're in agreement. It doesn't matter who is engaging in that behavior, the important thing is to be able to identify it, and call it out for what it is.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't see protest of conservatives out there against her, so apparently they are cool with it. As are you.

21. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

We're not the protestor class. We just vote and ignore stupid people hoping her crowd will do the responsible thing and scold her. Not holding breath.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I have been doing exactly that.

But one thing you need to bear in mind is that up until two hours ago, I had no idea what Handler had said ... and I think most people would be in the same boat. Her rhetoric isn't broadcast nearly as much as that of the president of the United States, her influence is not comparable, and the power that she wields to actualize her dim thoughts is virtually non-existent. Therefore my concern over her stupidity pales in comparison to that of the man occupying the most powerful office on Earth, who has been actively sowing chaos in our country and around the world.

Pardon me if I choose to focus a little more on him.

23. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

there's no doubt a group that feels that way about him. just know that he's not likely ever going to try and sway you thus don't freak out if he does the opposite of your interests.

24. macmee Suspended

macmee

Are you aware the brietbart is clickbait ********?

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I don't consider his stance on immigration divisive. It's a topic where there will always be sides. His belief and mine are that we are not an open border come roam free country that has money pouring out of our coffers to care for the world. He's taking care of Americans first which IMO we desperately need and he's shoring up our position on who we let in and why.