Lies you have told in macrumors

mac15

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001
Everybody lies
so I wanted to hear of some of the lies you have pulled in macrumors

My first one was about post 50 I said I had a G4 867 1.5gb ram and a sony trinitron T.V as a moniter

I wish except the T.V:)

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I don't remember lieing in the forums, but here goes:

I just bought a new Quad processing 3ghz G5 QuickGold machine, its real powerful.

Ensign

Comment

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
oh yeah, and I have never admitted this to the forums before but I am a ginger and a scout. ahh, feels better now I have got that off my chest.

Ensign

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
The only time I can remember lying :) was when someone asked what CL-2 / CL-3 stood for when dealing with computer hardware. I thought it stood for cache level. But that was incorrect.

Hemingray corrected me on my 77th official post:
CL is short for CAS Latency, which stands for Column Address Strobe Latency. Now you know why they call it CL.

Anytime is a great time for iPod.

Comment

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i don't like to give really private details about myself like some posters whose handles are their real names

and i never tell people exact names of my personal clients since i have my own IT business...it is very unprofessional

and my age, well i am old and if you notice, i don't state my birthday...but when you become middle aged or even over thirty, age will become the thing one lies most about, sometimes by omission:)

Comment

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I cant remember if I've lied or not on Macrumors. I did say some just plain dumb comments when I first got onto the forums, does that count?

Comment

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i don't like to give really private details about myself like some posters whose handles are their real names

and i never tell people exact names of my personal clients since i have my own IT business...it is very unprofessional

and my age, well i am old and if you notice, i don't state my birthday...but when you become middle aged or even over thirty, age will become the thing one lies most about, sometimes by omission:)
I never hid my age... and I am in the over 30 range :D... 31 to be exact, and will be 32 in just a couple of months.

One lie I could say is that I have a full head of hair... not even close to being true :D.. It does cut down on shampoo, since I go through about two bottles a year now :D... and haircuts are easy, but they still charge the same amount, no matter how much, or little hair you have. People that have less, should get a pro-rated charge :D... less hair, less cost to cut it since they get done faster :D.

Comment

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by asurace
I cant remember if I've lied or not on Macrumors. I did say some just plain dumb comments when I first got onto the forums, does that count?
Stupidity doesn't count :D (thankfully for some). Nor does accidental typo's, since we all have those, only to catch them later. Editing your post later to fix them is a good thing though.

I wish that more people would use the edit feature of their posts... you can add revisions, or make corrections that way instead of placing another post that is just one or two lines. I did that too, before arn pointed it out. Unless I have another post to reply to, I use the edit feature to correct previous postings. Unless I need to open up a can, or two, of whoop-a$$... :D (I have several cases in reserve).

Comment

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
My Lie

I pretend to have a life. Sort of. Yet I am proud of being a nerd at heart. Other then that most of my lies have been jokes like "I have proof of the iWalk existing" and I have made many educated guesses,

Comment

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by King Cobra
The only time I can remember lying :) was when someone asked what CL-2 / CL-3 stood for when dealing with computer hardware. I thought it stood for cache level. But that was incorrect.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! In all honesty, I thought CL stood for Cache Latency, but I figured I'd go and research it before making a total fool out of myself by correcting someone when I was incorrect myself. :D

Comment

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I'm actually a small Malaysian girl... *giggle*

umm, besides the general stupid comments, which we've all had one or two (67) of, i can't think of any... i use my real name because i hate people who fake identities online, and so anyone can look up info about me online if they wanted to and had a lot of free time... and because i'm not creative enough to come up with a username...

if you all can't tell, i am very (too) forthcoming with personal info... just an open person, and if i have something to say, however pointless, inane, or off-topic i usually say it...

:)
pnw

Comment

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by whfsdude

Beat my meat 3 times a day, I'm most honest person you will ever meet. Sometimes too honest ;)
eeeeeeewwwwwww...

That's worse then your first comment... Just keep it in your pants dude....

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by whfsdude

Beat my meat 3 times a day, I'm most honest person you will ever meet. Sometimes too honest ;)
How old are you anyways, 12? Did you watch HBO when you were 4 or what? I mean, you may have matured over the years, but, man! I am only 16 and I can be more mature.

That's no lie!

Any time is a great time for iPod.
Especially so I can block out the whfsdude world around me.

Comment

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
Originally posted by AlphaTech

eeeeeeewwwwwww...

That's worse then your first comment... Just keep it in your pants dude....
Just boxers, I don't get dressed on the weekends. Except yesterday when I went and made out with my gf in dupont circle in betweem the buildings. Btw, mordern art is good if you know what I mean by those statues @ that park with the water by the redline station. :p

Comment

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC

How old are you anyways, 12? Did you watch HBO when you were 4 or what? I mean, you may have matured over the years, but, man! I am only 16 and I can be more mature.

That's no lie!

Especially so I can block out the whfsdude world around me.

15, and a freshman. Can't get cable on the Hill crappy feds.

"Especially so I can block out the whfsdude world around me." lmao

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
No cable, huh?

Well, that's one thing we have in common...

And what is "Imao"? I must have missed that somewhere.

Comment

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
No cable, huh?

Well, that's one thing we have in common...

And what is "Imao"? I must have missed that somewhere.

LMAO = laughing my ass off

Comment

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I'm the biggest lier!

I can hardly understand what you all write in the forums. I get more confuse every time.

If I ever say something that sounds real, do not trust it, I really have not clue of what I'm writting!

One thing is what I thing you all are talking about, and another one is what I'm responding to it.

I'm a superior been limited by my poor understanding of the English language and cultural barrier!:eek: :eek: :eek:

But I'll be around any way.. waiting to be understud:D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.