LIFEPROOF® iPhone 5 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eckscaliber, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I stumbled upon this case today. Has anyone ordered or signed up for it? It looks extremely nice and well made, as well as not too bulky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 911scanner macrumors member

Not available yet, even for pre-order.

I am on the e-mail list... Last update was hopefully within a month.

3. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

It looks perfect. My only concern would be the screen protector on the front. I imagine it will be a lot better than the screen protector on the Otterbox Defender. I removed every SP from every defender I owned. It ruined the screen quality too much for me.

Any idea on a price?

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Lifeproof for iPhone 4, the screen protector hovers off the iPhone's screen. It's horrible to use.

5. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

This is exactly what I was afraid of. I don't really need it for the waterproof factor. I wonder how the difficult it would be to remove. The Defender's SP literally took 2 seconds to remove.

6. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Yea, me too. I think the iPhone 5 version looks slick. I hope it looks that good in person.

----------

Yea, I hope it is better on the iPhone 5 version.

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i have a feeling...it's still going to be hard plastic :S

8. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

9. Dukat macrumors regular

Would having a screen film on the phone to reduce the gap between the glass and Lifeproof screen help or would 2 layers over the glass just cause more glare/distortion?

I got to try someone's Lifeproof iPhone 4 case for a few seconds. The touch seemed to work perfectly fine, but it wasn't enough time to really test it out. Could be the tolerances of his case were better so there was no gap.

I'm interested in this case but if they all have sensitivity issues that would be a deal breaker.

Anyone with Lifeproof case experience care to comment?

10. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

It is slightly less sensitivity a few days of use and I couldn't tell. At first I only used the case when Mountain biking and at the beach and camping but I got to love the fact that I could not worry about the phone and just know it was protected and the slight sensitivity decrease wasn't much of a concern once I got use to ti.

11. Jizzles macrumors regular

They announced last week that would provide more details sometime this week. This case looks great compared to the 4/4s case. I've never had the chance to use one and read plenty about the screen feedback.

I'm thinking they will try to minimize this but not by much. But for a case that will protect your phone from most of nature and still look decent? Not bad at all...I'd get that tiktak case but that thing looks huge. Judging from the youtube video, it looks a lot bigger than the otterbox.