LifeProof & IP5 Owners Scuba Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Has anyone been able to dive more than 20 feet with their IP5? I have a Life Proof and I dive but I normally go around 30-40 feet with the phone in a wetbag just not to have the lifeproof leak?

Just curious what other divers are doing with their 5's while they dive?

2. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

ahh, a fellow diver.. good question.

when i dive, i use my diving cameras and leave my iP5 on land chilling w/ my gf

3. coolio93 macrumors 6502

The only waterproof equipment that I would ever trust for my iPhone is Liquipel. Any case that claims to be waterproof could easily form a leak.

4. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Yeah and since the LP case is only good to 22 Feet, I place it in a leakproof and airproof Diving Pouch before getting into the water.

So far it seems to be double duty but works well, however anything below 30 feet, iPhone photos are blah in murky water, but we will see when I go to the Bahamas how well the camera works at 20-40 feet.

I use this one with the LifeProof case on the phone, also helps in case the phone floats out of my BCD...

From tvc-mallDOTcom

Professional-IPX8-Standard-Armband-Waterproof-Bag-Cover-with-Detachable-Neck-Strap-for-iPhone-5-I5-313/?gclid=CL2JhOvd47YCFUJa4AodZh0Arw