Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tombrown1949

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Ever since I downloaded OS 10.14.1 my 2017 iMac choice of either Light or Dark Mode is acting strange. Even though I selected Light Mode, by evening time it changes to Dark Mode. This has happen ever since I updated my OS. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, how can I get my computer to stay in light mode without having to go to my System Pref. and choose Gen. and then Light Mode?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
are you talking about the windows, the menubar, menus... or are you talking about the desktop background? that can easily be changed in system preferences.

unless you installed an app to change light mode to dark mode... that can't be happening. there's no built-in code to make those 2 settings transition.

EDIT: or do you mean 'night shift'? where the screen changes hue over time, so it's less jarring at night? check system preferences>displays>night shift if....

tombrown1949

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
I think with your help, I figured out what's going on. I have a small app f. lux which changes the screen during evening. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.