Light bleed in headphone jack? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DuckSoup, Nov 28, 2011.

1. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Hmm, not that it's a problem (I think anyway), but I just peered into my headphone jack at the top and I see a small ring of light at the bottom of it. Looks like an eclipse. Obviously some sort of bleed. Just checked my co-workers four iPhone 4 that they have and none have this, just my white 4S.

I had two previous white 4S's that I returned for the intermittent "no audio from earpiece on outgoing calls" issue, but never looked in the headphone jack?

Anyone else's 4S have this?

Mike

2. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Nope, nothing on mine, maybe a small small little dot, then i mean a very small dot, like really tiny in a specific angle.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

5. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

The vast majority of 4 and 4s have this. Apple says its nothing to worry about. If anything, it can help you find the headphone jack at night, and it can help a genius see the water damage sticker.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

7. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

and even if this isn't normal, you are complaining because...?

fwiw, there's minimal light coming out of my headphone jack (iPhone 4)

:rolleyes:

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My white iPhone 4 used to have this on the headphone jack and the SIM slot. My 4S has neither of these.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Only some of the OCD people here.

Others are currently having a problem when the turn their brightness to max and view a black screen in a dark room!!! LOL!:eek:

I visit a lot of phone forums but this crap is only in the Apple forums.:p

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

12. rkeato1 macrumors regular

not on mine, no. But my last replacement had bleed through the sim card hole! I thought it was normal until I saw that my replacement didn't have it.

13. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, with the light coming out of the headphone jack, wouldn't the battery drain faster? :rolleyes:

I'm just kidding...

15. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

No, white 32gb 4S doesn't have any sort of bleed issues, thankfully.

16. VonWillebrand macrumors newbie

I have this "issue" (white 32gig 4S). It's probably one of the most useless things to OCD about. I even had a small scratch near the sim slot right out of the box. Who cares, next summer I'll get the iPhone 5 anyway.

I used to OCD about minor cosmetic stuff with my iPhone 4 (1st iPhone for me) but now I seriously don't care as long as it WORKS the way it should.

17. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I was not complaining, just noting it as I doubted mine was the only one. So unroll your eyes.

Now, as to whether or not this is a real issue, I am not sure, but I've long worked in a very high tech industry with clean rooms where items are sealed for a variety of reasons.

This light leak means there is something that is not sealed as tight as it should be. Therefore, dust can get into that area and move to areas it should not be. That obviously will not cause a hard failure, but it's conceivable this could be an avenue for dust to get infront of the screen and I know from past experience that HAS been an issue with people on devices such as this when you have dust particles showing when you are viewing your device. At times it's not that much different than dead pixels.

None the less, I am not worried about it.

Mike