Light shining through bezel on iPhone 5

Jessay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
My apologies for another defect post, but I must ask this. Is any one else seeing their iPhone 5's light shining through the space between the bezel and the hold button?

Last edited:

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
I can see light shining slightly through the bezel and aluminum joint right in front of the sleep/wake button. Doesn't bother me but I noticed it and I imagine it isn't a feature.

schizbomb

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Texas
I see no light between my sleep button and bezel, nor my home button, but I don't know if seeing light really is a defect, I could always see light from the headphone jack in previous phones

Jessay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I can see light shining slightly through the bezel and aluminum joint right in front of the sleep/wake button. Doesn't bother me but I noticed it and I imagine it isn't a feature.
Yepp, I have the same issue. I don't think it's worth exchanging for, though.

Jessay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
I have a white 32gb iphone 5 (verizon) and I also have the light bleed in the exact spot as described by the OP. See pics attached.
This is exactly what my phone looks like!! No need to take a picture now.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Wow, thanks for the link. I'll be switching out my phone tomorrow and will keep anyone who is interested posted on if the new phone has the same issue.
I personally find it hilarious that a barely noticeable light leak only visible in dark circumstances warrants such a fuss.

rmbpuser

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2012
MacRumors seems to be the place to whine about such mundane things.
im sorry but this is 10 times more serious than some tiny dot on the back of my aluminium iPhone threads...

that said i have the same leak and will wait a week-two for new batches to arrive, then return my phone and open the new one in the apple store until i find a flawless one.
no matter how small the defect this phone isnt the most expensive on the market just because it doesnt have the best processor,ram and a reliable map.this should serve them a good lesson to take quality control more serious jesus christ