Lightning adapter delaying my iPhone order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fishmoose, Oct 7, 2012.

1. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I ordered a White 32GB iPhone 5 from Apple's website here in Sweden the morning they went on sale, that is to say on the 28th. I ordered a lightning adapter at the same time. I still haven't gotten a expected shipping date and the order is still processing.

Could the lightning adapter cause the whole order to be delayed? It says on Apple's website everything will together when available but in my initial email it says it could ship separately.

Anyone?

2. m0no macrumors regular

I don't think that would prevent the phone from shipping. Why don't you just call Apple and ask about the status?

3. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Might do that tomorrow. You don't think they'd mind me asking? I mean it said 3-4 weeks for the phone when I ordered and its been 10 days. But I'm worried since everyone else have gotten an expected date.

4. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Yes it will delay it. Remove the adapter and shipping times will jump.

5. vladzaharia macrumors regular

No, no it won't. Items will ship separately. The adapter is added as a separate item to the cart when you order.

Using the Canadian site (since US requires ATT/Sprint/Verizon account info):
    http://cl.ly/image/2M3q2I2P3v28

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I swear I read somewhere on Apple while ordering that when ordering multiple items it's best to order them separately to avoid delay in shipping. Because if one item is out of stock then it will delay the shipment for the other product.

7. vladzaharia macrumors regular

Nope. Maybe they did it before, but they certainly don't now.

I got the lightning cable and the adapter (in the same order, no phone though). Got my cable right away, adapter is still waiting. You can also see in the cart that different items have different delivery estimates.

8. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm. My order looks more like a single one on Apple's site. There's no separate dates for the adapter or the phone. They both say shipping in October. And the whole order is being processed.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I had this when I first ordered the phone - added a Lightning cable and it pushed the order from Sep 21 to 3 weeks later.
    In the end had to call Apple to cancel the Lightning cable, and then my phone jumped back to Sep 21.

Other items WILL affect the order.

10. Cripps macrumors regular

It is Apple policy to ship individual items on a single order as they are available, no matter how small.

11. fishmoose thread starter macrumors 68000