Lightning adaptor & projectors for presentations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by black743, Sep 13, 2012.

1. black743 macrumors 6502

I find it hard to believe they would remove the option to connect to a projector. This was a big selling point of the iPad and Keynote, to give presentations, which you can also do with the iPhone. It's being used a great deal in educations. Nobody is going to do a projector, apple tv and wifi router just to give a presentation.

Is it feasable to assume that there will be a different adaptor (lightning to vga/hdmi) to achieve this?

2. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Airplay. They want you to buy into the Apple ecosystem, so they want you to get an Apple TV and hook it up to the TV. Its the marketing and if 50 people buy into it it will be worth it to screw customers.

3. black743 thread starter macrumors 6502

And I have an Apple tv, but how does that help those who use it to give a presentation in a school or for business on a big screen? So now Keynote is worthless as a business tool again?

Plus, how did Apple project their screen to a projector? It was connected via wire, and not airplaying.

4. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Apple is working on allowing AirPlay from device to device. The current issue is you would need a common wifi network.

Once this is available you would connect your Apple TV to the projector. I'm sure AirPlay compatible projectors aren't too far off as well.

As far as Keynote, while iPads are gaining traction for giving presentations in both business and schools - majority still use a laptop/computer connected to a projector (just like Apple used yesterday).

5. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

The device is hardwired. Even before the iPhone or iPad supported video-out, Apple had them hardwired (by the engineering team) to the projection system for the keynotes. Just because it had a cable on stage does not mean you can do the same thing.