Lightning cables stock availability in London

robinp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Anyone know if lightning cables are in stock at apple stores, or any other shops in London? Online ordering is suggesting 2-3 weeks which seems a bit daft for a cable.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Rye/London, UK
Anyone know if lightning cables are in stock at apple stores, or any other shops in London? Online ordering is suggesting 2-3 weeks which seems a bit daft for a cable.
I picked one up at the Covent Garden Apple store last Friday. I'd call ahead to see if they have them, though. They seemed to be selling quite quickly.

Alternatively, Carphone Warehouse seem to have them in stock with free delivery.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phone-accessories/iphone5-accessories/iphone5-power/buy/APPLE-IPHONE5-LIGHTNING-USB-CABLE

akf2000

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
just ordered from CPW online, let's see how accurate this 'In Stock' thing is.

robinp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks. I saw on CPW online that they claim to have them in stock, however I'd quite like to just walk into a store and pick a couple up really

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
All my local Apple Stores have them in stock so you should be able to get one faster in store.

Purchased it using the Easy Pay system... felt like a shoplifter. :-s

akf2000

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Just got a Despatched email for my CPW order, placed an hour ago for 2 x cables.

Note you can ask for it to be delivered to your nearest CPW store at checkout, and the stores have no stock themselves.

----------

All my local Apple Stores have them in stock so you should be able to get one faster in store.

hah is there really no interaction with the staff when you use this Easy Pay thing?

Littleman

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008

Ha,
Exactly the same in the Trafford Centre a few hours ago.
Thought someone was going to tap me on the back once I'd got out.
Thay had loads of them in stock. Thought they were more than £15?
I'm probably thinking about the adapter.

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
Also have just made an order for three lightning cables from CPW. One for the wall charger, one for taking with my in my bag and one as spare :)

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Clone cables already available on ebay... about $10-12 USD each otherwise get 5 for 50.

Sheza

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2010
Yeah around £7 for the cables on eBay as a pre-order.

I personally need a 3+ meter cable so I have to wait it seems!

Sheza

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2010
easy - get a long Micro-USB cable and buy the Micro-USB-Lightning adapter.
For £15? I'd rather get a proper lightning cable off eBay for a fiver. £15 for an adaptor is just ridiculous.

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
Looks like Carphone Warehouse has these in stock. Ordered three cables on Tuesday, dispatched Wednesday and received today :)