Lightning charger issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Floydpink, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Floydpink macrumors member

I was wondering why my phone wasn't fully charging and discovered it was the lightning charger.

Turns out it was not staying connected properly and did better with one side facing up and required a little jiggling to get it right.

I have a Genius Bar appt tomorrow and assume they will exchange it but haven't seen many other complaints about this issue

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

others have said theirs would just stop all together.. yours sounds like its shorting out.

3. Floydpink thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I think it's shorting out as well.
    No rhyme or reason, just happens sometimes.

I'll report back after my Genius Bar appointment tomorrow.

Other than the charger issue, been a bump free ride with the new phone and its hanging out in just a bumper.

4. Floydpink thread starter macrumors member

Swapped for a new cable at Apple and was told the problem is more common than I thought.

5. maestrocasa macrumors regular

Mine shorted out one day. Thank goodness my wife was home or we might have had a fire. It was plugged into the wall, with no phone attached. started hissing and sparking. 3 of the contacts on the lightning connector had blackened and shorted out. Called apple and they sent a replacement with a return envelope right away got it in 2 days via fedex.