Lightning-to-USB cable availability swinging wildly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avanpelt, Oct 8, 2012.

1. avanpelt macrumors 68020

This morning, all four of my local Apple stores (Metro Atlanta) were showing up as having the Lightning-to-USB cable in stock. This afternoon, the Apple Store website says that it's not available for in-store pickup at all. What the. . .? Is there really that much demand for a $19 cable or is the store website just acting flaky?

2. Dunlop122 macrumors newbie

You may want to call the stores. My store in Cool Springs, TN had quite a few last time I was in there.

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I'm sure there is a large demand for the said. I bought a second cord one day after the launch. Now, I have one for the car and one in the my home. If I was still working, I'm sure I would have gotten an additional one for the office, as well.

Considering that Apple cannot not even keep up with the iP5 demand and most iP5 owners will most likely buy at least one cable, you will have a shortage issue for awhile to come.

4. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Walked into the Apple store in Kansas City yesterday and they had 3 of them in stock, hanging in a large section of their display area that showed they used to have a LOT more. Each little box was on its own post, and there were 4 or 5 more empty posts adjacent, so at one time they must have had 7 or 8 posts full of them....

Did use the apple store app for the first time. Fired it up, and it prompted me to scan the code on the box, then charged my apple id credit card and emailed me the receipt and I (nervously) put it in my pocket and walked out. Never had to talk to one of the very busy Apple employees at all.