Likelyhood of new hardware for Lepoard release?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sarah3585, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Any chance? Has apple ever released something to celebrate their new operating system?
    Basicly I want to get an iMac but I'm holding off incase they release it with a Matt screen or better quality screens in the 20". Maybe even a matching mouse and remote for it?

2. Kirk macrumors regular

Kirk

I’m in the same boat as you here. I wanted to get the 20" model, but changed my mind because of the screen issues.

Now I have heard rumors that they stopped the production of the 20" in order to figure out and fix the problem. :confused:

3. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I doubt they will release an update to the iMac anytime soon.

4. sarah3585 thread starter macrumors regular

sarah3585

Where did you hear this? The problem is the cheaper screens they are using in the 20's.

I'll be buying before the end of the month to get the student ipod offer so prob will miss out if anything is updated.

5. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

I would think its like for them to release hardware, but idk if a 20" update is coming ...

lol was not aware they are still doing this, couldnt find it on the apple website.

6. sarah3585 thread starter macrumors regular

sarah3585

UK back to school. The US one is over.

7. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I don't understand this whole 20" iMac screen issue. Mine is flawless. Looks great. Am I missing something? Or is it just picky designers using the machines who are complaining when they shouldn't be using these for design in the first place?

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

LOL! Hope springs eternal, but no. The iMac appears to be selling by leaps and bounds. I don't think Apple even sees that there is a "problem" with the 20" screens. The freezing, OTOH, has been acknowledged and, hopefully, fixed. No reason to stop production.

9. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

Yes.