Lil Wayne denied access to NBA game simply because he did not have a ticket

dejo

Original poster
Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
We wouldn't purport to know much about the musical stylings of Lil Wayne, though we did see him do some rather distasteful things to a guitar once, but we do know that you usually need "tickets" to get into an "event." And if the tickets to the event are sold out, then you can't usually attend the event. And if you're going to make a request for a possible exception to that rule — even if you're attempting to get into a game that has already been sold out for weeks — don't do it with the caveat that you will be requesting front row seats only, all other ducats be damned. Like rapper Lil Wayne did, for Thursday's Game 3 between the Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs. The Thunder, with no seats to spare (least of all no front row seats to spare), politely declined.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lil-wayne-denied-access-thunder-spurs-game-simply-111551976.html

My suggestion: someone needs to send Lil' Wayne one of these shirts:

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
I would have offered him the player's bench, as a team mascot.

I'm sure they could find a child's-sized uniform for him to wear.

Comment

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Someone else without a ticket would get denied too. If you got so much money, why not just buy a ticket?

Comment

dejo

Original poster
Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Someone else without a ticket would get denied too. If you got so much money, why not just buy a ticket?
Apparently he did try to get a ticket, "from this guy named Mike".

He said he typically procures tickets for such games "from this guy named Mike." Lil Wayne said Mike had requested special security, parking and entrance for the rapper, but Mike said the team responded that they would only sell the seats for Mike's personal use.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.