Limbaugh and Robertson on Haiti aid

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
What a piece of ****. You'd think a near death experience might make someone have a more positive outlook on life.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Limbaugh: Obama discussed Haitian earthquake sooner than attempted Christmas bombing;
When I saw the Obama press conference this morning, I knew this response was coming from someone on the right. So typical.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I don't know why there can't be a difference between general aid to Haiti and disaster relief. He and the caller are trying to make a point about the stream of funds that flows into Haiti is enough to cover this earthquake disaster.

Haiti is basically in the United States' backyard, to me its a given that we would be first to help them. What is the government supposed to do? Just wait and see how it plays out?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
is there a transcript?
Yes.

Caller: Mega dittos Rush. Why did Obama send people to whitehouse.gov to donate money to Haiti?

Rush: *******e stupid crazy stuff.

Caller: No government money Rush.

Rush: More *******e stupid crazy stuff.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Yes.

Caller: Mega dittos Rush. Why did Obama send people to whitehouse.gov to donate money to Haiti?

Rush: *******e stupid crazy stuff.

Caller: No government money Rush.

Rush: More *******e stupid crazy stuff.
Hmm...it's strange. Both of those people sound like rdowns. :)

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Why are we not lambasting the countries who donate far less than we do? They must have no soul either.
People are dying by the thousands in Haiti right now. Now is not the time for mudslinging. Let's get these people the help they need then worry about petty crap like that.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
People are dying by the thousands in Haiti right now. Now is not the time for mudslinging. Let's get these people the help they need then worry about petty crap like that.
Exactly- but people like Limbaugh would rather complain about it and make it political. I'm sick of people like him playing games when lives are being lost.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I am sure there is a mission trip you can join or something, heck im sure you can donate money too since we need to get serious about this.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
There has to be some blame on the Haitian government for letting that country get to wear it is today.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Its not our fault your GDP is low. Nor is it our job to be charityville for the world because our GDP is relatively high.
From the Economist world factbook 2009 (US$ 2006).

US government donations - $23532 million or $78.18 per person.
UK government donations - $12459 million or $208.34 per person.

So we donate more dollars per person than you guys do.