Limbaugh- Bin laden Should Win Nobel Peace Prize.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Jan 29, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

My first time hearing Rush Limbaugh.

Who believes him? As in, who actually thinks most of the crap he spouts is true?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He's got a large and very loyal audience. IIRC, he reaches 2 million a week.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

CAIRO (AP) - Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden has called for the world to boycott American goods and the U.S. dollar, blaming the United States and other industrialized countries for global warming, according to a new audiotape released Friday.

In the tape, broadcast in part on Al-Jazeera television, bin Laden warned of the dangers of climate change and says that the way to stop it is to bring "the wheels of the American economy" to a halt.

He blamed Western industrialized nations for hunger, desertification and floods across the globe, and called for "drastic solutions" to global warming, and "not solutions that partially reduce the effect of climate change."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100129/D9DHDH582.html

OK this is kind of funny.

6. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Next time you meet one and they start prattling on about him, say "Who? Don't know who you're talking about." See how they react to that.

Limbaugh and bin Laden, America's two worst enemies.

7. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Yes, funny.

But I certainly expect any and all GOP members to refuse the prize if they are ever awarded it. Its obviously a worthless accomplishment, it will only tarnish their image.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Limbaugh's logic (or lack of) goes like this:

Find a subject where someone "evil" (aka doesn't agree with rush) agrees with someone Rush doesn't like.

Ride that as somehow supporting evil.

I can't wait for him to bash Obama for agreeing with the Ft. Hood shooter that oxygen is a good thing for the American people.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Probably the same 50% of America who don't believe in evolution :rolleyes:.

From Bin Laden's perspective climate change is an issue for his base, he gets to criticise "the West" who are mostly responsible, and the Republicans will try and connect Bin Laden and the Democrats thus dividing his main target (the US) even more.

Sounds like a win-win-win for him - even if the last point isn't intentional.

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is one of Rush's dumber ideas...and he's having more and more of them.

Used to be, he could make his twisted ideas sound at least semi-plausible. He has his own little mythos going about the Great Liberal Conspiracy, and even though he contradicts himself all the time, he's such a fast, glib talker that undiscerning listeners soak it in without stopping to question or fact check anything he says.

It also used to be that I'd listen to him on rare occasions just to see what new twists and turns his mythos would take. It'd upset me, but it's a foolish person who doesn't keep an eye on what the enemy is up to.

Lately, though, the few times I've listened to him, I've found myself busting out laughing. The lies are getting bigger and crazier, and he's gotten pretty lazy about trying to even appear to know what he's talking about. Today, for example, he didn't even appear to know that Reuters is owned and controlled outside the United States. I mean, come on. :rolleyes:

11. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'm curious as to why anyone cares when Rush says something idiotic, but then I hear something like this:
    And I weep mercilessly.

12. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I finally broke down and clicked on the link and listened to Limbaugh . . .

. . . what a blithering idiot!

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Seriously, even ****ing Osama bin ****ing Laden recognizes that we're screwing up the planet. How willfully ignorant to you have to be to not see it?

14. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

There's a scale. I think it's somewhere between
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

The photo is labeled Michael Crichton.

17. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Look at the image address

http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/michael_crichton1.jpg

Michael Crichton

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

More than funny, Bin Laden and the liberal agenda have collided.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Climate change isn't an agenda, its real - however much our governments wish it wasn't.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yes, the climate does change. The agenda part is that we are forcing the changes.

22. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Funnily enough NASA whom you are apparently supporting in the moon landings thread is also in on this ridiculous "liberal agenda climate change conspiracy" you've constructed.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Moon landing have what to do with climate change? I support quite a few people that believe in the non-sense.

24. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It's exactly the same agency. If NASA scientists will blatantly lie and tow the line on the liberal climate change conspiracy (which is just about the most idiotic thing I've ever read) I am surprised you support them getting your hard earned tax dollars. Surely these nefarious scientists can't be trusted and are just lying to maintain their income?

To highlight your hypocrisy yet again when there was questions over a couple of scientists from the CRU you were not only calling for the whole CRU to be investigated you were asking questions on whether they should be getting your tax dollars and trying to reject the whole field of climate change science.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

And we have had yet another raw data skewing festival just recently, your human made climate change is crumbling and you look desperate.

CRU was obviously corrupted completely, their whole agenda was to investigate climate change, NASA does many other things for our country.